Footprints Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Footprints Friday

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:05 am

Where in your home are there some footprints that need to be erased?

Is it floors that need attention or are there other surfaces that have somehow gotten "footprints" on them, too? :?

Any hotspots that are especially giving your house the hotfoot? :)

How can you make your home more comfortable and uncluttered for you, plus welcoming to others?

LadyMaverick

Re: Footprints Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:25 pm

Harriet - Thank you for opening the SHE village today. I am fascinated by your quilt making for DD marriage and home. Does the quilt pattern you are using have a name?

I am in hour #6 of my day. I am pleased with my effort and thankful for having plenty to keep myself busy in a low stress environment.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:26 pm

Waving foot prints every where not today to do however for me.
It's my Freeday.
Plus taking care of me is up.
more in J&C ...

CI I am okay
did some crocheting on a hot pad to the new color strip part now yea!
Cooked sausage sliced it after it cooled and put it in the fridge.
Walked have 3/4 this plus of my steps in for today yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:28 pm

Well my footprints are either picked up before I go to bed or right after I come home from my exercise class. Right now my office needs some of my attention.

This morning my son surprised me with an early morning invite to breakfast which of course I really enjoyed.

Came home and then headed out to my weekly coffee and conversation. Just finished watering my sunnies and other plants and folded the covers over my lounge chaired since the rain chances are null

Getting ready to do a Sams run and doing an Amazon return at kohls. My son has a birthday coming up so will look for a shirt while I am there.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:32 pm

Back from my errands and am putting my feet up for a break

Exciting news….There was another colt born in the desert. This time it’s a boy!!! Last year we lost our two foals to mountain lions. Hopefully the band that these babies were born to will protect them from other critters.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:49 pm

Nancy, you are so good at caring for yourself - glad you are okay. Freeday with crochet, yay!

Enjoy your shopping trip, Ramblin'. You've had a busy out-and-about day. Oh, seeing your next post, Yay! Another foal!

I had "footprints" on my mind today because HRH did a declutter and really helped the look of den and kitchen. So many things we look at and don't toss because there are two other people living here and maybe they don't want it gone... .. :? When he will pitch in and do one of his big tosses (he never does any decluttering in a small way) it makes such a good change.

LadyM, it's sort of two - a Lone Star and a Mariner's Compass. Adding other patterns to the Lone Star has become such a popular way of making the old pattern that the name you hear is "Lone Star Variation" to cover many looks. This is the third Lone Star I've made but only the second full size. It's the first time I've done the old-time way of cutting each individual diamond. Since the center is of different shapes, newer methods don't help much. The young man's paternal family is from Texas, so I wonder if any of them will notice the star. I've made one other quilt with a Compass in it, but this is much busier and larger. Around the star are Compass portions and some applique.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:58 pm

I am running errands…
Had to go to post office, paid bill while I was there…
Then picked up a rx at doctor’s office…
Then drugstore…
Bank…
Electric co—op to pay bill
And after I ate all this home to dh,
I’m going to take dmom’s meds and lunch to her.
Whew.
LOL — I’m just leaving footprints all over town.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:02 pm

RR - That is exciting news! One of my favorite things about springtime is new births in the pastures.

(((Nancy))) Glad you are feeling better.

Harriet - WOW! You are obviously a talented quilter to make those. I can only dream....

#9 Hourly goals accomplished

I am in discovery mode and am a bit shocked by my findings. I had no idea that I was sitting so much. I thought if I did about 100 cards and achieved 14 hourly steps goals that I would stay active. I decided to find out if that was the truth. Today I have a timer that I turn on when I sit down so I can track how many minutes that I sit each hour. Oh my. I had NO idea that I was sitting this much. Once I collect this information then I will decide what to do with it. I need more information before I can make an informed decision. Is sitting comparable to smoking? With just a tiny bit of research i find there are many who say YES and others who say NO.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:26 pm

Scattered some flower seeds & watered em.
Some herbs too lavender, dill, pollinator mix, sun flowers, & holly hocks.

Came in and bs was #63 ate carbs.
Sitting now.

Read a chapter in one of my new books this morning.

Gonna take it easy & watch my bs #, & yt.
This is a surprise past when that dose this am was way up. :roll:

Sheepishly me
Sandi Brock
Lambs being born.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:58 pm

Hi.

Really windy and rainy here. Both large bridges in the region had wind warnings posted on FBook this morning. All the fields and ditches are saturated. Our drainage from sinks is gurgling every time more water goes out of any other sinks/bath tub/toilet. Thankfully I can wait a couple of days before I do laundry or run the dishwasher.

Supper tonight was beef meat pies, mashed potatoes, green peans from a can and I made extra gravy. Clean up has begun.

Went to knitting and signed up for a Saturday morning group once per month for the next 6 months. It is specifically for needlework AKA embroidery/applique/cross stitching.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”