Footprints Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Footprints Friday

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:58 pm

Home from trip to the city to get the pickup from repair shop.

On the way home I stopped by an estate sale. I didn't buy anything, but I did enjoy walking through the house and seeing it from a different perspective.

My monitoring of my sitting time continues. Some of the tidbits I read about sitting....
“Every time you stand up, the body initiates a shift in fluids, volume, and hormones, and causes muscles to contract. And almost every nerve in the body is stimulated."

Many experts recommend that the best way to start is to set an alert on your phone or computer to remind you to stand up every 20 minutes, even if it’s just for a few minutes.

"The frequency of physical movement is the most important consideration, not the intensity of the movement." So you don’t need to do Crossfit while standing, just make sure you’re not sitting for more than 20 minutes at a time.

The more frequently you alternate between sitting and standing the more benefit you get. Alternating every 20 minutes, for example, has much more benefit than standing for 4 hours than sitting for 4 hours even though both are a 50:50 ratio.

These sound reasonable but I don't know for sure they are facts.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:22 pm

I cooked dinner & did dishes, just fried zucchini a real treat have not had that for ages.
It has clouded up here.
I wrote another page about today.

I will mow on a diff. day.
It is stuffy now. Humidity is up and we have rain in the forecast it looks like from the radar on my Iphone weather app.
One clap of thunder then it started to rain pretty good.

I have rounded up the dishes.
Am on track with my p m meds now yea it will be better today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:37 am

Please check J&C.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”