Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:44 pm

((Cathy)) I was responding to your post and decided that needed to be in J and C.

Dove, yes, I remember Indiana saying she had been puttering! Remember how she used to need to order her groceries, long before it became commonplace, and would put into her order a bouquet of flowers? She would have finished a room just so, and set flowers out on a table as a finishing touch. What a pleasant person.

I've been cleaning in the kitchen, cleaning the fridge some, and we've had two completely different lunches, lol. That often happens. I've sewn a tricky seam and have the next tricky one pinned. So far, the children and grands must be enjoying this pretty day elsewhere. I went outside and thoroughly enjoyed it. Never mind that one of the main reasons was to dispose of a science experiment from the rear of a refrigerator shelf.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:28 pm

I've had my lunch then I drove around looking for yard sales and admiring the green lawns and trees in bloom here.
Found a yd. sale got some fun items for decor and useful totes for toys on the list of needs at the church for toys $1.00 ea I got two.
Also a few things for me, a painting with green matting LH did not like green I put it in the basement it's pretty and large
a couple of scuffs on the from but down stairs no one will be looking at it that much I just like the way it gives that room a different vibe. :mrgreen:

Got a metal bucket have a herb, rosemary plant it fits inside I have that out on the patio area.
A hand glazed maybe hand made smaller vase I like that is washes up now might hold a few flowers I like silks bc if the pollen.
A metal basket with ceramic or plastic roses on it thinking it might be great for a gift basket,
get well one or for fun items when I go out on the deck to do my QT. needs a liner of some sort so I'll be thinking on that.
A color book for ladies my age! I like to use my brush markers and got some new ones for my Easter basket to use.
I cleaned up those items.

People at the yard sale said they needed a curtain rod the gal did not have one, I said I did it did not live far,
they followed me home, the one I thought of was not here but the took a broom stick I had from a broken broom said it would
work great! Then I invited em to church. :mrgreen:

Sat outside with my bare feet on the grass and read for 20 min. had to time it and make myself sit there.
The ddoggo joined me.
Dug out a couple more volunteer plants and put em in the area I am planting in now that the deck is done watered a few others that got missed.
The stuffed pizza bread loaves are bagged up and nearly ready to go in the freezer.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:22 pm

We had cheeseburgers for supper. Nothing else. I had a yogurt before we ate and a rice pudding later.

After a couple of days with high winds and lots of rain, the sun finally came out and the winds are slowing down. It's still cold but thankfully the rain has stopped. I was able to run the dishwasher today and I did a load of laundry.

No curling on tv because the Masters is on. Plus Toronto baseball is also on. Dh watched a movie instead.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”