Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Saturday

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:39 am

Please read J&C.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Re: Saturday

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:12 am

Sitting here crying. (((Lucylee))) You know we are ALL here for you.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:20 am

Thank you, Cathy. I still haven’t been to bed. I started a load of towels in the washer— Monday was supposed to be towel marathon day.
I emptied the dishwasher and washed the few things in the sink.
I know I’ll be exhausted this afternoon, but the dgrands can take care of me then. I told them they could spend the night together.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:23 am

Oh, no, I keep saying. Time to start typing and settle my brain to competent thoughts. lucylee, you are ours and we will ache with you and hope, please, that yes you will lean on us all that is needed, and lots more after that. We lean on you, too. C athy, your tears are catching.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:01 am

Harriet… thank you.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:45 am

lucylee, I am astonished that you continue so competent and have accomplished so much today, even telling us in J and C. You may need a guard at your door to tell visitors that you are sleeping for a while today. One thing the pros you are about to meet will tell you is that you are not on deadline, and you do not need to keep hurrying to meet deadlines that are yours to decide, anyway. If you moved everything back a day, it makes no difference. Two days and it would make no difference. You are the one to please in these days, and your word on all subjects will be honored.

I stayed up sewing only a sensible amount last evening and my not-a-fitbit says that I got more than 7 hours of good sleep and awakened with a good "battery" charge. The morning was partially spent getting dd out the door to events and plans with the young man and friends. I nagged heartily about too much sun exposure right now and when I wasn't totally satisfied with her response, I texted the young man. He and I have decided that he's carrying an extra hat for her today.

We haven't heard that anyone's dropping by, but I'd better be ready for it. I don't think it's dry enough yet to mow, but sometimes ds has a different idea about that than I do, so his family may be over. Our green-eyed boy is starting to mow along with his dad.

So, I need to take an overview look at the house and then check that mirror. Ummm... ..

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:16 am

Every motion I make and every moment that passes includes me thinking about and praying for (((((LucyLee))))

I have successfully completed my first 4 hourly challenges. I feel like my world is off balance and I am walking on a slippery slope. It is a mental thing because the loss ((((LucyLee))) is experiencing.

I've been to the raised bed garden 3 times and worked in the garden at the front of the house. Being active outside helps me to process things. I have harvested asparagus stalks, pak choi & radish greens. They have been washed and will be in my salad later today.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:55 am

(((LucyL.))) You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers today.

I have been careful to get the right Rx today and have done those with extra care and caution this morning.
Just finished a yummy bfast.
I have been journaling and writing a lot got a letter in the mail a small check I cannot use bc I no longer have acct. with
LH name on any of those. Glad to be able to say when I get mail I am not having a bucket of tears like in the beginning.
I messed up a bill last mo. thought it was on auto pay nope that did not go through so I am doing some catch up with it.
No worries $ is in there. It takes time for it to post as well.

We had good rains in the nite. Glad I did garden time yesterday being in nature helps just to step outside and take a in a deep breath
in the mornings is so helpful for me. Birds woke me up at five ish. But I did sleep well. Had good dreams but do not dream of LH as often these days.

In the begging I had a list of the bills and when they were due, at the top 2/3 rds of the page.
And others things like quarterly things at the bottom like trash pick up bill went there.

Did & Dgd stayed with me for 3 days then that was enough.
I am glad for my dog.
Walking & qt routines & church.

-----
Later I will make up some more rolls the pizza ones to freeze ahead for later.
Mixed up 2 loaves of pizza bread it's in the oven rising now.
Walked.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dove

Postby Dove » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:31 pm

Adding my tears & many hugs for our d Lucylee (((((((((((Hugs))))))))))

Nancy, I'm glad you are feeling better.

Harriet, the quilt designs are beautiful.

Quiet day here. Puttering, as Indiana used to call it. Put out the last of the bird seed, worked some in attic (75% done since big declutter a few years ago), boiled eggs & made iced tea for lunch, dealt with some mail that came yesterday.

Missing blessed & hoping that she & her dfamily are all OK.

Will be lifting you up in prayer constantly, dLucylee. We are here for you. Wish I could be there in person to hug you & help you in any way you need.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:57 pm

I explained to dh earlier that a friend's dh had died suddenly and if I seemed to be sad today, that was the reason. He kind of knows about this group and he asked if it was someone from this group.

Later we both went to have a nap. I cried myself to sleep thinking about LucyLee and how her past 24 hours have been. Hoping she has gotten some rest.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”