Special Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Special Sunday

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:55 am

Special Remembrance Sunday today what are you remembering?
I got a couple of items at the yard sale the have what looks like a cross to me so I am remembering crosses.
One on a vase in the living room and one in a framed piece of art I put up in the basement.
It is good to look at these things and remember heaven.

Up at 6 today.
I have done my QT and am thinking what today will be like for me.
I am glad I remembered the bread I made to go in the freezer and put one loaf in it when I did my basement walk about.
Nice weather here today.

Was going to take the totes to the church but they do not have lids and I suspect that was what they wanted
these totes will fit perfectly in my large folding wagon so I can use em.
Sipping coffee and I need to journal & take my Rx my alarm just went off for them.
Took my Vits.
Took my Rx correctly. :mrgreen:
Bfast was good cooking up some veg for later in my lunch so I'll just have to reheat em.
Timer just went of on them & they are done!

Harriet

Re: Special Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:24 pm

Thank you so much for a meaningful start. I like your phrase, "remember heaven". I have a very special-to-me ornament/hanging that has the verse reminding us that God doesn't give us fear, but power, love, a sound mind.

Missed part of morning worship (which I can get back to later) helping dd inside and outside gather old and new items she and the young man will be taking to their house this afternoon. They will take some gifts that have arrived and have been sitting in the den, so that is good all around. Right now, she is still outside, combing the little storage building and the enclosed trailer for items to go.

Thinking of lucylee's family today.

I know this is a strange thought to post, but lucylee had mentioned SunDrop in the other thread (she started it!). Then, I mentioned her SunDrop stories in my house - I should have known better.
I am instructed to come back to computer and tell that HRH says : SunDrop IS sort of a cola, in that, remember, their old advertising was "The Golden Cola", and that was on the bottles. At one time bottles said, "refreshing as a cup of coffee", meaning refreshment in terms of caffeine in a 12-oz bottle/can coming close to a cup of coffee. He says, "That being said, I love it - it is my favorite drink, and we can't let it in the house." (sugar, addictive for him, stone formation)
He worked for Coca-Cola back decades ago, mixing formulas. It was a big plant that bottled almost every soda in existence, and he stared at a lot of bottles.

We know the young man will be coming by twice today. HRH has had a call from a friend. We could become a busy house - better get ready for that.

Twins', are you having great adventures out there?

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:06 pm

Well dang I lost my post…

Best to say I made sure to remember Lucylee and her family while at church this morning as well as others here in the village
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:55 pm

Watched the Women's Curling and did some knitting. Right now there is a banana cake in the oven (for me) and I made jello for dh.

It was pouring rain when I woke up. Now the sun is shining, which helps.

Supper tonight will be a pork roast with onions, carrots and potatoes around it. I will also make asparagus for dh.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:19 pm

´*•.¸('*•.¸ ¸.•*´)¸.•*´
«´¨`•°HURRAY°•´¨`»
.¸.•*'(¸.•*´ `*•.¸)`*•.¸

Balloons are falling!!
Confetti is streaming!!
Nancy reached 500 days
in a row of exercise!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:35 pm

TY Harruet!

I could not get in gear in time for church today so...
I did some rounds in the back yard after 11 the neighbor was mowing and I dead headed some beds.
Was going to use the fire pit till I saw we had winds in the forecast. I put fuel in the mower.
I moved a few planters off the deck they have holes in em so till I figure out what will fit in there I do not want em
leaking on my new deck. They are in the plant cage for now.
I mowed most of the back yard. Waiting for a bit to dry more. Done.
Found some more plants I can share later.
Catching my breath.
Today I am grateful for the gift of life.
Had my lunch.
Watching birds was fun this morning.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:53 pm

Nancy - CONGRATULATIONS!! That is a huge accomplishment.

Has anyone heard from RunKitty? I remember she had an exercise streak. I wonder how she is doing.

((((LucyLee))) and family are constantly on my mind and in my prayers.

This morning small group was so interesting that time seemed to evaporate. I was surprised when it was time for us to stop. I watched the worship service online on big TV in the nursery while holding and rocking babies. I had 3 under the age of one year old this morning. Thankfully DH volunteered to help. We each kept a baby in our arms while the 3rd one crawled around playing with toys. There wasn't a boring moment to be found. :)

Our temperatures today is going to be in the 90's. Already?! Four years ago today it was snowing. Spring weather can be unpredictable for sure.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:41 pm

I did a couple refreshes to read the posts since I last visited the village. I was surprised to not find any.

DS15 just came through the house and informed me that we have 11 vehicles in our driveways. Several of his friends are here helping with his current project. DS15 is replacing a transmission in a pickup. Does he have ANY training, or has he ever seen this done? Nope. He only has an abundance of youthful confidence and youtube to watch when he gets stuck. DH has them on a deadline to have the shop cleared so his old refurbished pickup can be put inside before the predicted storm hits Monday night. DS15 just told me that he is confident they can meet the deadline. OH to be young and full of excitement of an unknown project.

It is that time of the year to enroll for summer camps. I am waiting on DD12 to decide. Her camp options at votech are -
3D Animation:
Biomedical Explorations
Carpentry:
Culinary Baking – Breads of the World
Culinary - Saucy Spicy Italian Food
Engineering Explorations
Moviemaking:
Snap Circuits

I need to research what she can take at university.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:08 pm

Thanks LM!

I have raked a bit in the back yard it looks better.
Got the cushions out for the lawn chairs.
Got other lawn chairs out I need to move a couple to the back yard and deck.
Still considering options for that now.
Had my dinner the pizza bread was underwhelming dang.
Cookie dough w/ out egg to eat uncooked remains a fav. here. I use cake mix in it easy peasy.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:59 pm

I'm smiling to see baking chat from LadyM, Cathy and Nancy, because I've been watching Great British Baking Show, making sure I haven't missed anything in previous seasons. (I'd somehow missed enough to make it very interesting for me.) Can't wait for their new season to be ready for airing. I never have been able to find as much enthusiasm for their "professionals" sister show or their children's sister show. Just very different vibes.

Cathy, how did your banana cake turn out?

Dd44 and her youngest came by. Dstepson did as well.

Got some very straightforward patchwork done this afternoon and evening.

Tomorrow I have appts in the big city and HRH is driving me there. Finished by noon or noon-thirty but we'll be hungry.

Return to “Post When You Can”