Tuesday Timesaving

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Tuesday Timesaving

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:32 am

How are you being efficient today, the day of the week in which most people believe they get the most done?

Do you save time by doing two things at once, maybe by getting appliances to work first?

Do you save time by delegating, remembering that when others join, all are helped?

Do you save time by pruning some less important things from your schedule?

What are your timely ideas?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday Timesaving

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 am

I woke up and got up by 4:30 today.
Did my journaling before is was lite out was my time saver today.
Got my hair clean last nite before bed it's a bit damp so let my white hair down to dry.
I save time & $ by not coloring it and cutting it myself.

Yesterday I did not have the TV on and did my reading in the afternoon on some study books I am
doing a chapter in each week. They have journal questions to do and did them as well.
I'm glad to say I got that done in rounds that is working for me really well.

Today is colder and being outside is not as appealing.
I have some precooked veg. I did up and that saves time too.
Last nite I remembered I have another can I can put yard stuff in so I put that in my bujo for today's focus.
Took the trash out to the curb before it was lite out.

Thanks for the great start for us today Harriet.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 am

Thinking of lucylee - has she told us when the funeral is? If today, I perhaps have posted a flippant start, just about saving time. Hmmm... ..

Nancy, you are a blonde, so going white probably makes you look sophisticated and well-groomed. :) As a brunette, I go salt-and-pepper, which, at least for me, looks neither. lol. I've actually been calendaring about when I should color - I'd like to color rather close to the date. It's not that I'm completely against stopping the color, but when I do, it will call attention, and I don't want to call any attention to myself at the wedding. I want to be no conversation-piece at all and step AWAY from the important bride.

Today I start broccoli sprout crop, tend to recycling, clean mud room, do kitty potty chore. That's my starting point from 3x5 last evening.

I'll finish the border piecing and see how it measures up with the side of the main top. I'll draw/design a unit for the middles of top and bottom which will make those easy to fit, but the sides could be harder.

Dove

Postby Dove » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:21 am

Good morning to Harriet, Nancy & all who follow.

Back from a shopping run to S am's C lub. It feels efficient to get that done so early in the morning, & to have everything put away. Back in 2020 they had early hours for seniors but had discontinued it on a day dh showed up there at 9:00AM. He upgraded our membership at a discounted price so that he didn't have to wait until their opening time of 10:00AM. Since then we really enjoy the perk of being allowed in at 8:00.

I will be washing laundry on Thursday so will sort it all tomorrow. I find it's easier to run downstairs & start a load when they are ready to go whereas I often postpone washing that first load when I know I have to sort it all first.

Adding my congrats to Nancy for 500 consecutive days of exercise!

Cathy, your pork roast with veggies dinner on Sunday sounded delicious

We need new deck chairs. The bottoms are rusting out & the plastic water jug caps we put underneath them fill & overflow with rusty colored water when it rains & we don't want to get stains on the deck.

I think the way I save the most time, Harriet, is in making large meals for dinner so that there are often leftovers. I remember Pam & Peggy writing about this in their kitchen book. Tonight we are having burgers that were originally grilled weeks ago in a batch of 6. I froze 4 patties for two more meals, & they are still delicious after being defrosted & heated in the microwave. I like having extra meals in the freezer for those nights that I just don't want to cook. Certain foods that we enjoy, like pork chops, I'll make four instead of two & instead of freezing the extra two we enjoy the leftovers a few days later.

Thinking of (((Lucylee))).

Hope Twins is having a wonderful time on her vacation.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:28 pm

Good morning

It is a normal Tuesday here. I am thankful for normal days and hope I don't forget to appreciate them.

DS15 and friends transmission replacement project ended in them reaching a point they didn't know how to proceed. They spent hours and hours working on it before they finally admitted they were over their heads. This morning, they pushed the friends pickup on a trailer and the dad is taking it to votech for the mechanical class to work on. In one way their effort to do it was a failure but the teens learned some valuable lessons without long term consequences. I am considering the experience a win.

Five hourly challenges accomplished.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:33 pm

LM Yea for the dad that found a vo tech program for the work on that rig.
It would be wonderful if they all went to that school and got to work and learn on it too!
Had my bfast.

I paid a bill and got it current.
I had been paying a mo. ahead so will do that again in a while.

I have sorted and started my laundry.
Got a can filled with the stuff I cleaned up and pruned off yesterday.
And waiting for trash pick up so I can get this other batch in it later this morning.

I have two wheel burrows full too.
Some can burn but its breezy again so that will wait.
Time to get the clothes switched over.
Swept the stairs to the basement.
Got more stuff picked up most of what I pruned yesterday.
Then ... pruned one more rose bush so the process continues.
One row is done.
Thanks Dove.
Got my steps in today.
knitting is next. Dish cloth is half done now.
Did the dishes by hand. :idea:

Thinking of LucyL & others that used to post more.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:57 pm

Thinking of Lucylee and her family today. Sending much love, hugs and prayers.

Dove… I save time by doing the same with our dinners. I usually prepare enough food for two meals. I have a gathering tomorrow night and the chicken breasts for sweeties dinner along with veggies and rice will be enough for his dinner tomorrow night. I usually try to do the same on Fridays for sure so I don’t have to cook on Saturdays. Good thin he likes leftovers cause otherwise he would either being eating cereal or soup every other day. I like to cook, but not all the time and started doing this many years ago when I started teaching

Been to the dentist and my dance card is now filled for the next 3 weeks. Did you know as we age our teeth grow forwards? Remember that front snaggle tooth I’ve been complaining abt? Turns out it’s dying on the inside and the dentist is not sure it can be saved. I go for a second opinion next week. Plus I need another crown and three other teeth may have to go as well. Then I will need three teeth implants. Before this is over with, I will be wearing the price of a used car in my mouth. And yes I have dental insurance. Good thing I like this dentist!

I went to WM on the way home and picked up some things I need to make cherry-cheesecake brownies for tomorrow night. I had to buy chocolate chips so when I came home I opened the bag, measured out what I needed and through the rest away. I can not be accountable is they remained in the house :lol:

Off to water my sunnies… I know they must be thirsty
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:19 pm

Sending LucyLee a long, soft hug today.

We took a load to the landfill. On the way home we stopped at a re-use type store and dh got some more wood for the garden boxes. We worked together to rebuild the box that has chives, rhubarb and strawberries in it. Any way... while we were at the re-use place, I saw a really old wooden ladder that was for sale for $15! I came home and thought about it. I went back and it was still there, so I got it. We will scatter morning glory seeds around it and hopefully this year they will grow. I also bought 2 very old wooden stools to go on either side of the ladder. These will hopefully help block the view into our back yard so people won't see the BBQ and patio table. Neither one of them are move-able.

Leftover pork roast will be heated in gravy for supper tonight.

The dealership called and my car is ready 24 hours earlier than expected. We ended up going to Burger King for supper because it was almost across the street and we haven't had BK for a while.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:33 pm

((((LucyLee)))) has been in my thoughts and prayers all day.

We have 7 vehicles in our driveway and 11 teenagers at the shop with DS15. I remember when i was told homeschooling would mean lack of social life. That is not our experience.

My lack of planning and cooking food was apparent tonight. I served Bagel Pizza bites and Pizza Pocket for supper. :shock:
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:58 pm

Managed some timesaving today, so that helps. HRH and I handled recyclables and trash together. We realized we had some of neighboring mail, so while out delivered those at the same time. Ran into ds, who was mowing, and chatted with him.

Finished the 5 of the 3x5 I made last evening.

A good amount of sewing today, although it seems slow going. I'm leaving things at a place that will make sense to me tomorrow, I think. I want to plunge in early tomorrow.

We have a delivery coming in the morning, but it should otherwise be a quiet day. Friday we'll have a visitor, but mostly coming to see HRH.

Return to “Post When You Can”