Prayers all around wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Prayers all around wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:13 pm

Happy for LadyM and ds, reaching the end of a school year. Gee, time is flying.

Mystery, so sorry to hear your dc had such a no good very bad day.

I'm sure Twins' knows she doesn't have to check back in today - she may need more recuperation for her wrist than that.

HRH is irritated with dd, who assured him this morning she'd be home for supper but now is saying she might not make it.

My back is killing me after a day on my feet, some tedious and close, some leaning out and over. I've taken an Exedrine. At this point, I'm doing a little bit, then sitting down, repeat.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:02 pm

This is Twin's DH. She is home and sleeping. All went well....
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:31 pm

Thank you Donna's dh!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:40 pm

Great News! Thanks Twins DH for letting us know.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:41 pm

Thanks for the great news from Twins dh thanks for letting us know.

I got to see 3 deer on our walk today yes!
Got 5 yard work things done had to change up the last b/c I broke a tool.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:13 pm

Oooooh, that's a kind posting. Thank you, Twins' Dad for allowing us to hear from ya'll!

Rest, rest, Twins', and feel better and better. Many adventures out there for later.

HRH and I cooked anyway but had Sloppy Joes instead, with coleslaw. A paper-plate meal is best for me today, anyway!

I am down to one loooooong seam and 4 short tricky ones and I'll have a fully sewn-together patchwork top, with all the applique to go.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 am

Twins -- Ouch! I hate to hear your trip ended with a broken wrist! That's surely put a damper on the vacation. I will pray for speedy healing and recovery. * Thanks to TwinsDad for letting us know surgery was completed and successful!

Thank you all for your condolences and concern for me. It's going to be a huge adjustment, but so far... I'm managing. I even went to church tonight. Our Bible study is now all widowed women except the pastor (who is divorced) and one lady who is recovering from surgery and wasn't there tonight. DH and DS were the only men, so I don't know if DS will put up with us now or not. All these ladies are at least 10 years older than me, I think. I just kinda needed to see them. I knew they would be supportive of what I am facing.
Today we brought all the plants home (we had left potted plants at the church after the burial and meal. Just too late and too tired to deal with it. DS and family, dbro and his wife, and dmom and I went back to the cemetery after we ate, and by the time I got home from the whole thing, it was about 7:30.
There were a LOT of little flying things, I'd say too small for mosquitos, more like gnats, flying around the cemetery at dusk. Oh my goodness, these things have Eaten. Me. Up. My scalp itches, my back itches, it's just awful! There are little red whelps ALL OVER me!!! I may need some Benadryl spray. It seems like too big an area to do lotion or creams.

DS and DDIL have really been attentive to me. DS and I have talked several hours into the night, past midnight, several nights. They insisted that they ALL spend the night here the night before the funeral (which I admit, probably helped me sleep.)
The funeral went well... I'll put more in J&C. Maybe not tonight.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”