Strive to Thrive Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Strive to Thrive Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 am

This was a topic from Twins' Mom in November. She said even though we go through times we are on overwhelm,

"We're all on our way to our own thrive mode, a life well lived, and time well-spent.

What will you do to get over the finish line to Thrive mode today?"

Twins' Mom

Re: Strive to Thrive Thursday

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 am

thank you Harriet

i'm on my way to getting well and back to thrive mode. this is a big bump along the way

today is rest mode
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:46 am

Thank you Harriet & Twins for the topic it is great for me.
I had to take a rest from yard work yesterday.
I managed barely to get 5 things done out side had to shift my goals a bit.
Thinking today I'll be able to finish up on MEP.
Glad to see posts from Twins & LucyL. w with ci.

Up on time
QT happened after a fashion
I need to s2s
36* out side now 56* today's hi temp. f. br-r it is calm now yesterday was a bit breezy but not like the past 2 days so that was good.

I like the lav. Epsom salts fragrance so much better than that other one Yea! My finger is so much better but still on the ment.
I need to replace a tool I broke yesterday so will check on that when I'm out & about.
Hope I can use the fire pit today & tomorrow too if needed.

Done
Swept kitchen dining room & hallway.
dumped trash.
Vac. liv. rm.
on track with my steps for this part of my day yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 am

Good morning!

I am trying to thrive and do my best. I have a playlist that I listen to every morning that reminds me of things that are important to me. I am currently listening to "Going through the Motions" I like the lyrics What if I had given everything instead of going through the motions.

No homeschooling is happening. This feels weird. I am sure I will get used to it but right now I can feel the change.

((((LucyLee))) You remain in my thoughts and prayers as you find your new normal way of doing things.

Twins - Thank you for CI. Yes to rest!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:08 pm

Morning...barely

LM...It always takes time to decompress after teaching all year long. Know you are staring to enjoy your summer :D:

I started my day with my morning routines. It's Clean Clothes Day around here. Took care of my sunnies and then did a bit of transplanting a few plants that needed more space to go.

I am finishing my break after taking time to address a few pieces of mail and now its back to work. I want to first work in my closet moving clothes around. Once I manage to make my big weight goal which will be a few months away, then I can start scaling down what I own. At the moment I have a very large closet of "some day clothes" which I am anxious to get back into...Onward!!

In the meantime I need to free up some closet space for my summer clothes. I also want to order my sons birthday presents from Amazon.

Twins take care!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Dove

Postby Dove » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:47 pm

((((dTwins)))), I'm so sorry that you broke your wrist on vacation. I hope that you are not in any pain after your procedure yesterday. It was nice of your dh to post an update for us. Yes, rest.

Enjoy your time off from homeschooling, LadyM! :)

It's good to see you here, Lucylee. I'm glad that your dson & dmom live so close to you & are so supportive.

Waiting on last load of laundry in the dryer. After folding & putting away will have lunch. We had dinner out last night & it was delicious. Either the portions were small or we were very hungry as we had no leftovers to bring home. We needed to get a few things from S taples so went to one near the restaurant first. Office supplies have gone up in price, too ...

Timer just went off for the dryer. ~~~ Waving to everyone. Hope you all have a good day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:59 pm

After Lunch CI ~
I have done errands that helped with steps.
Got take out for my lunch to celebrate after singing my will that is a relief.
gal on the street over gave me a hug!
Found a pretty reasonably priced new pitchfork and got leather gloves too.
So glad for nice weather here today yea!

-----
I need to empty the vacuum.
Did the fire pit branches are out of the container so I can prune more another day.
Got my steps in, not 10K mis read that on my app.
Break time.
Cleaned up the containers it looks better what a relief to have that stuff done today yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 pm

What a treat to come here and see CI's.

I am getting things done even though they weren't planned.
** DS15 called and requested a sandwich. He is on the tractor brush hogging several acres and didn't have a good stopping place. I discovered we are out of the kids white bread so I used tortillas to make some ham and melted cheese rollups. I made a mayo based dipping sauce. I cut a generous portion of the pie crust dessert I made early today and put all the food in the throw away dishes. Then I delivered the food to his job site. DS15 was grateful.
**My exercise for today is trimming trees and shrubs in the middle back yard. I found a vine growing up the corner of the back side of our house. The leaves were in groups of 5 so I took a chance it wasn't poisonous and pulled it down using bare hands and no protection. Then I realized how foolish that was so came inside and washed all exposed skin. I don't seem to be having any skin reaction to it so maybe I got away with it.
** Moved two of the large metal twirling decorations in the garden. The asparagus fern is now over 5' tall and was being caught in the twirling metal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 pm

I ran some errands this morning including Costco. I came home and put it all away and I was so exhausted that I had a 3 hour nap. Good thing we are having Costco chicken for supper. I bought 2 so we can have the dark meat tonight and I have planned to do fajitas tomorrow night.

So glad to see Twins' Mom, Dove and Lucylee posting. I was thinking about Harmony earlier.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:28 pm

Lucylee…
I forgot to mention those bug bite you got at the ball game are called…Noseeums! Nasty little critters. You’ll need bug spray to protect yourself. They usually come out at Dawn and dusk. We have them here and if I go to the pool early like 8:30 I have to wear bug spray cause they will eat me alive!

Got all the laundry done and my closet is now looking great.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”