So what's up on Your Sat.?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

So what's up on Your Sat.?

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:12 am

What is up for you today this Sat.
After bfast.
I am up and going to mow when the dew is off the grass till the fuel is out of the tank then do mower maintenance clean
under it add oil , put more fuel in and finish mowing that back yard. That's my plan.
After that TBA.

Twins' Mom

Re: So what's up on Your Sat.?

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:38 am

Thank you for starting us our Nancy. I’m resting still. Dh went to Torah study, nice to be alone a little.

Our home looks like it’s exploded. All the stuff unpacked that dh hasn’t known what to do with. I walk through the house now and then and put one or two things away. I guess I’m going to have a lot of time at home ahead of me.

First doc appointment is 3 may.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:05 am

Morning girls...

Nancy... I hate mowing! had to do it for years and got burnt out over it after having to mow 3 acres of land, plus bag the contents. Told Sweetie when I moved in with him, not to expect me to do any of that. He said no problem because his yard was covered with rocks and they grow really slowly :lol:

Twins...nice to know you're up and around even if you have to take your time. Remember it well from when I broke mine.

I woke with a slight headache, but it is finally gone. Have already watered my sunnies, but am in no hurry to do much of anything else. My headache is sort of like the mosquito in the room...you know its there cause you can hear it, but you can't find it to kill it.

In the meantime I've started watching a movie, so as long as I can manage I'm gonna get on my glider to start getting my steps in.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:12 pm

Twins', are meds modulating the pain well? I'm hoping you are seeing change as far as recovery from the surgery, although I remember you posting that this may be only the first operation. Really glad to hear from you - tell all about small-scale puttering. we like posts about puttering, it's our thing. :)

Mowing - that is the occupation of the new house-owners today, after they check in with the florist. The cake plan has fallen through - bakery has backed out for some reason. The couple doesn't know why - it wasn't an elaborate design or anything. Oh well, always something, I guess. It's just that as time gets more tight, it's harder to get a new plan in place.

Glad your headache has gone, Ramblin'. Enjoy your flowers.

I am thinking mid-week I would like to go to the nursery to pick out some flowers.

Mentally pondering a plan for the week in general.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:18 pm

Good morning

I am feeling low energy and didn't sleep well. I started the night in bed and slept a couple hours but then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Around 2am I gave up and got out of bed. I ate half a dozen cherry tomatoes then sat in recliner and almost immediately fell asleep. I slept well in the recliner for almost 5 hours. DH and I did get the RSV vaccine yesterday so that might have been a causation for not sleeping normal.

Also affecting my sleep was thunderstorms with pea size hail that came through about 2am. I checked the radar and severity but there wasn't any tornado activity, so I mostly ignored the storm other than the noise of hail hitting the windows and roof. It wasn't big sized hail so I wasn't concerned about damage.

The house is quiet and minimum activity. DD12 is with DD47 until tomorrow. I have let the 2 big dogs outside for the day. DS15 is still sleeping. DH just finished cooking his special egg/ham/cheese sandwich on buttered toast. He offered to make me one, but I am trying to wait until later in the day before eating. It is much easier for me to resist eating in the morning hours than in the evening hours. I crave food in the evening hours but can tell myself no during the morning hours.

I want to make my soup today. I do well when I have several pint jars of high protein vegetable soup ready to eat.

I have 12 hamburger meat patties ready to cook. I will cook them later today to have them in the refrigerator ready to eat.
I have a pound of hamburger meat thawed and JDH said he prefers it to be Manwich style. I will cook that today.

Harvesting the fresh greens, strawberries and asparagus in the early morning works well for me. I rinse everything well and put it into the refrigerator. I usually make a salad using the garden harvest for my 2nd meal of the day. I LOVE fresh strawberries on pak choi greens. They don't need any dressing because it is so tasty.

Watching - What's Destroying Your Attention And How To Fix it
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 pm

I did a bfast bake with a zucchini I needed to use sliced & quarter with 2 eggs and a bout a half slice of bacon.
Had half of it with biscuits yum. Half for later.
qt. x
Back is mowed Ramblin I hear you we had about that much to mow my sis and I mowed and by the time we did all of it between rains it was time to begin again all over. I like to mow it helps my back and arms gives me endorphins, and others mow off volunteer flowers and plants I need to dig out.
LOL! :mrgreen: I am grateful to be able to do it too! [ It only took 20 min. to do the back yard. The front is ten min or less & I mowed in front the other day so did not need to do it today.] I am working up to doing it all at the same time apx. so now they are closer to the same rotation.
I did West to East this week. I am trying to do some different directions as I remember. I enjoy nature.
Point of Interest: POI We do not have chiggers here.
My sis does her own mowing too but she had a riding mower for the bigger sections.
Did the inside stuff yesterday.

Last nite I enjoyed the Billy Joel TV Concert did any one else catch it. 100 sold out in a row was the title of it I luv the new song he has
"Turn The Lites Back On".

I processed the mail.
I watched a spy movie the brick layer on net flicks I enjoyed it if you need a distraction Twins.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 pm

I know I needed more books like I need a hole in my head or something like that.... but there was a book sale in a nearby town, and I went. Then I came home and dh was sleeping, so I went back and bought even more books. BUT none of them were doubles to what what I already have.

Dh lost total control of his bladder less than 2 feet away from the toilet. I had the mop in my hand before he was finished cussing. ~sigh~

We are having spaghetti and meatballs for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 pm

Good afternoon! Nancy, you are certainly an early riser, even on the weekends! (Thanks for the start.)

Was it your dominant hand, Twins? Either way, I imagine things must be rather frustrating.

Rose, do you remember the old rock growing kits? Or you could use bluing on a piece of coal? I don’t even know where you’d find bluing or coal these days.

Harriet, maybe the bakery had someone quit, and they don’t have the manpower to do it?

That sounds like an interesting video, LadyM. Enjoy your peace and quiet.

I’m sorry about the bathroom accident, Cathy. I hope you enjoy the books!

Our “girls’ night” this month was a girls’ morning — brunch out this morning. I left early because one of the other women reminded me it was our community shred day (they do them twice a year, and I missed the last one). I had it on my kitchen calendar but forgot to put it in my phone, so I had forgotten all about it. Anyhow, I texted DD to put the box by the back door, and I rushed home and got it. There were probably a dozen cars ahead of me in line when they called it quits. :( So I still have a box of papers in the back of my car.

DH did manage to get the hardware up for our bedroom shelves (the sort that adjust on tracks), so I think I will spend the afternoon fiddling with those. Then I have the book for this month’s book club to finish. (The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies — it got very good reviews, but I’m not enjoying it as much as I’d hoped.)
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:27 pm

I’m mostly resting in bed w arm and wrist elevated. Had ice on it for awhile. The objective is to rest, stay quiet, and try to get swelling down. Only Tylenol for pain, Harriet. I took some stronger meds the day of the flight home and first day after surgery. Is Tylenol doing the trick? Not really.

I’m reading, surfing internet.

Dh got dneighbor to take him to get his car at the home of dfriends we traveled with.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:32 pm

I come from a long line of stubborn elderly mowers who enjoyed taking care of their yard and gardens.
** My grandfather was made to stop mowing and hand feeding his cattle when he was 93 years old. He could still do it but his children were afraid he would get hurt when there was no one around.
** My dad mowed on riding lawn mower while wearing oxygen. He put his portable oxygen tank on the mower and wore the nasal cannula I can't remember exactly when he stopped mowing, but I know it was near the end of his life.
** My mother pushed a mower until she was in wheel chair the year she died. She would use the push mower handlebar to balance herself. The mower was self propelled set at a turtle speed and she insisted on mowing. She also weedeat by balancing the weed eater on her walker and pushing the walker across the yard.

I have no idea how long DH will continue to mow. Each year I ask DH if he wants to hire it done or do it ourself. The response is always instant without hesitation. He wants to continue using the zero turn mower. I wondered if he would be able to do it this year because it requires quick thinking. DH had a rocky start in mowing this year because he ran over and destroyed the sprinkler heads twice at the beginning of the year. DS15 and DH teamed up to fix the damage. DH continues to ride the big mower and hasn't had another blooper.

I prefer to push mow and bag the grass clippings. I am super protective that no chemicals be put on the grass so i can compost it for the garden. The grass clippings makes amazing rich black soil that I use in the raised beds. I push mow and weedeat almost every day. However I limit how long that do it. When the grass bagger gets full then I stop and empty it. That is all I mow for that day. Weedeating is similar. I weedeat until my arms get tired and then I stop for the day. I use battery operated mower and weedeater so they are easy push button start. I did several decades of pulling rope to start the mower and weedeaters. I am done with those gas mowers and weed eaters and have no intention of ever using them again.

It is 40 degrees cooler today than it was eariler in the week. it is also raining off/on. I suspect DS15 won't make the attempt to attend the 3rd day of the outdoor festival. He did attend last night and surprised himself that he didn't spend any money. He had money in his pocket but chose not to spend it. Could this be a sign of him becoming financially responsible? #Dreaming.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”