Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:50 am

I'm bored but not supposed to do much. Dh id showering after his workout earlier and will work and bowl tonight,

will you entertain me with your activities and thoughts today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:03 am

Twins - thank you for opening the SHE village. I will try to post more today. Not that my post won't be boring but at least you will have SHE friends to hang out with and be boring together. LOL

I just returned from taking DD12 to school.

Yesterday did not go smoothly for DD12. She had a panic attack at school. She called me from the bathroom where she was crying and trying to get herself together. I told her to meet me in the office and I picked her up from school. DD12 didn't have any problem with state test and thought it was super easy. However, she got "lost" (her word) after the test because they got an unexpected recess. When recess was over DD12 didn't know where to go. She said her friends went in several different directions and she didn't know who to follow. I think it was the final straw that overwhelmed DD12. On Sunday she told me details about an abuse memory that had previously been blocked from her memory. Thankfully DD12 had an appt with her trusted counselor yesterday and it was very helpful. She seems to be ready for today. Although she is a bundle of nerves because today is talent show try outs. She is choosing to participate in that.

9am CI - 38 cards completed.
<rant> I hate gophers. They are more than welcome to live a wonderful long life outside of my garden. WHY OH WHY do they insist on living here? </rant>
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:37 am

LadyM we have a resident groundhog that dh thought he got last year because it disappeared for the rest of the summer after he took a shot at it. It lives, rent free, under our shed.

Dh had his echocardiograph (?) this morning. Results will be at cardiologist appt on the 22nd of May.

We came home and dh made us 2 egg and cheese mcmuffins without any ham. We were both so hungry that we didn't think of the ham until we were starting to eat.

We are going to some fish place for supper tonight.

Right now we are both going to stretch out on the bed. Dh told me I could do the kitchen later. I'm fine with that.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:06 am

10am CI - 55 cards completed.
I removed DD12 coats from her closet and several heavy winter sweater type tops. I put the winter clothes into a clear bag with zipper & handles. She typically fights against any change, but she okayed me doing this. Now her closet rod isn't packed tight with clothes that she won't be wearing during the summer months.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:14 am

I am up and attem today five thirty ish
rethinking my morning stuff... time not done by seven too much.
Got called on a bill & info. said it's current yea.
Yesterday I work a lite weight hoodie on my walk to be more visible will work for a bit till it is too hot for it.

Considering my options for the day.
Co. fire weekend and rain on those days.

LucyL. I found an account in my bank that earns interest on my regular account they had a couple of requirements for it
but I had those already met.

Yesterday got good progress on my zone work on piles of journals and planners etc. in my butterfly room while listening to yt info.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:18 am

Hoping LadyM's dd12 has a happy time looking forward to the talent show and learning about it.

Our groundhog (or potential groundhog legacy, if they are as elusive as Big Foot, and may be) lives in a pile of boulders my Dad used to warn me about. He and his brothers and father and two mules worked for years getting those out of the ground - each maybe the size of kitchen appliances. He was convinced it became dangerous with wild animals. Now the groundhog seems to have the run of the stack, so maybe badder guys have evicted, or maybe groundhogs ARE the baddest, not sure. I once got a swat on my bottom for playing there, but groundhog gets away with it, lol. Wish my Dad was here so I could ask if groundhogs are new to our area or if he saw them at any time through his life.

HRH and I have errands and want to go out about 1:30 or 2:00 to avoid lunchtime traffic or lines. I can't remember if he has a prescription, but I know of P. O. and grocery.

Last evening dd helped me and we laid the quilt top out on the floor of LR and she used her phone to get a photo. Hers has some kind of ability to get a wide shot, not panoramic, that mine does not. Otherwise, I would have had to get on a ladder or something. It's 91 x 91, so not easy to find a way. As it was, it actually tucked under a chest at one side, but she managed to get almost all. You think of outdoors for a quilt, but a quilt top doesn't work in any breeze.

Dd reminded me on our Sunday outing of a joke I used to tell my children. So here it is, posted today for Twins' :

Alarm goes off at bank in the night and police arrive to find a wall bashed in, and inside, a wall of the vault bashed, all money gone. They look for a witness, but only find a bewildered man on a corner, who had been walking home somewhat intoxicated. He says a panel van backed up to the bank, the back doors flew open and an elephant got out, rammed the wall, rammed the vault and carried bags of money in its trunk over and over until the vault was empty. Then the elephant got back in, and the van sped off. Police are incredulous, but do ask for a description. He asks how they can possibly think he can describe an elephant, but one policeman says, was it an Indian elephant with small ears or an African elephant with large ears. The witness says, "Oh, for goodness' sake, I couldn't know. This wasn't some dumb bank robber. Obviously, it was wearing a stocking mask."

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:23 am

Here you are, some entertainment, Twins!
PROGRESS CI:
[x] call retirement service -- such a blessing -- I am saying that sincerely - more later --
[x] call health department -- they say they can have marriage certificate within 15 minutes after I fill out paperwork :shock:
[ ] go to my teacher group meeting (we are going to a local sheep farm) :?
[ ] go back to drug store -- to get the allergy syringes
[ ] go to Wmart -- stuff for tomorrow night's church supper (just dessert for me) and a few other items, return solar light
[ ] go to bank -- change 50s into 20s (decided not to offer money to our sound crew from funeral -- instead of one man, there were at least four folks doing various things, coming and going, and preacher said they wouldn't accept payment anyway)
[ ] go to another ballgame

Cathy, I'll be praying for good news from the echo. DH had a couple of those, said they always left him kinda sore in his ribs & chest (he complained the tech pressed too hard with the thing they use to move all around the chest.)

Oh, (((LadyM & dd)))... I am sooo sorry she had this panic attack and is so nervous. I can relate somewhat, because although my background was much different than hers, I was always an anxious child, still am an anxious adult, and certain situations just send me over the top. I really may go to counseling.

Nancy -- yes -- I think that is the money market account my dbro was talking about. I may look into that as soon as my balance improves a bit from all this "extra" stuff.

I am a bit concerned about transferring a balance from credit card to a new (not yet applied for) card. There is no place on my current statement to pay by credit card; they expect a check or e-payment. Hmmm....

Harriet... :lol:

Retirement systems phone call. Y'all -- an angel from the Lord answered the phone. She was amazing. She lost her husband to the Camp Lejune (sp) cancer, 10 years ago. He was only 54, and lived only about 6 weeks after being diagnosed. She told me about a program she had attended at a Methodist church (but it is nondenominational) called GriefShare, told me it was nationwide and I could look it up online to find the closest site for me... she shared Bible verses that had helped her... she even gave me her direct phone number at the retirement office so I could call her if I needed to talk. :shock:
How many times does THAT happen???
Plus -- she gave me the news that dh will get 12 days' pay for this month. So that was a pleasant surprise.

I also found out that they have received my wellness check-up form from the doctor; website just hasn't been updated yet.

So... I've done my morning exercise, straightened up the bed (Cathy-style ;) ), done my Bible reading, eaten breakfast, took Imodium, and now I must s2s! Hope y'all have a good day!

PS -- ds and ddil are supposed to be switching the kids' beds today. DGD will finally have the white French provincial bed that she can put a canopy on if she wants; dgs will have a maple day bed with trundle bed underneath if needed. They are finally talking like they may be headed in the right direction as far as maintaining a less chaotic household! :shock:
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:15 pm

11am CI = 68 cards completed.
I filled the instant pot with 2 types of potatoes. I prefer sweet potatoes, but everyone else prefers russet white potatoes. By doing both kinds then every gets their choice of potatoes.

These are sweet potatoes that I harvested last fall. Some of them are starting to sprout slips so I cut them off and planted them in the garden. Win! Win!

We have an abundance of groundhogs here but thankfully none around my home. The groundhogs are not welcomed in the pastures because cattle and horses can break their legs if they step in groundhog holes. Groundhogs are smart and not easy to contain so they don't ruin many acres.

Harriet - is the quilt top finished and ready to start the next step?
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:21 pm

Lol, Harriet! Thank you all so much for entertaining me with the details of your day!

I talked to dd for 40 min this morning, probably a record. Her new job is closed today and tomorrow for Passover so she’s home. Was so good to talk to her, talked about trip, going forward, suggestions, that I’m emotional these days. She reminds me this is temporary. I miss her. She has been w me through my sister’s final hospitalization and then my brother and mother’s deaths.

The advice I received yesterday about using a loose ace bandage to hold ice in place was perfect. Easier to keep ice bag in awkward position and then to slide it around too. Dh is leaving me two filled ice bags in the morning, I can’t handle the clasp.

I finally filled meds box for the week. I’m just leaving off vitamins and supplements for now. I can’t open containers and I’m keeping it simple.

Passover was lovely but exhausting too. We don’t do all the readings, some skipping through. We had had Seder w this couple since all our kids were young. Ds likes this couple, they invited two other couples from the days that they had a Seder for 20 and all our kids were growing up together. Ds was the only one of our collective children there. Lots of memories, and for emotional me, a little weepiness.

LadyM I hope for a better day for dd today. Glad her therapist appt fell at a time she needed it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:26 pm

Missing bw2 and concerned.

Lucylee the new credit card may send you “checks” you can use to transfer the balances. You are doing well, taking care of things. Good to stay busy too.

Would love to see photo of quilt top when you’re ready, Harriet.

Nancy, you stay busy too! Good for you on zone work.

Return to “Post When You Can”