Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:22 am

I was hoping for a sheep farm report, lucylee! They are indeed labor-intensive, but so beautiful in a pasture and sound/act so pleasant, usually. The problem is keeping them safe, IMO.

And I'm disappointed to hear that optimistic "15 minutes" thing didn't turn out to be real. But at least you've gotten it done. Good job. I didn't even consider trying locally when I needed original documents when parents died, etc., because the parking was hard and traffic/buildings confusing. I waited however long it took by mail.

Mystery, that's a phrase I didn't think I'd hear by now... .. for folks that have older robots. Interesting writing for you.

HRH joined me to watch some relaxing, no-brainer GBBS. We didn't feel ready for the rest of our movie but will do that tomorrow.

lucylee

Re: Tuesday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 am

About the sheep — it was really meaningful to me to see how the sheep really do follow their shepherd, and their guardian dog, which they totally rely on for protection.

Loved the guard dogs, also. Search Anatolian guardian dogs. The relationship they have with their sheep was amazing.

They were VERY noisy, having just been weaned.

The owner told us when they are going into labor, she checks a camera monitor every 2 hours, day and night, so she can be there with them in case of difficult deliveries.

Also learned that the Westerns that depict problems between sheep men and cattle men are true, in that they DID have problems back in those early days, but it was based on a popular myth that is untrue. Sheep and cattle co-exist well. Sheep do not eat up all the grass; they eat weeds, wildflowers, that cattle won’t touch.

It was a very interesting day.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”