Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:45 am

more entertainment, please? Such an interesting day: trips out, cousins visited with, sheep farming, robotic manuals, groundhogs, dreaded phone calls that weren't, ice packs, flying commiseration, thrifting treasures, keep it all coming!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 am

today is one week post surgery. i don't see doc until 3 may. I'm wanting to do things but wanting to keep arm elevated and iced too. dcleaning lady will be here on Friday morning. I'm looking forward to that. may get her to come weekly for awhile if she can.

Dh was so tired last night. i need a shower and can't do that by myself. it was nearly 9 p.m. and i said we'd do it tonight instead. i was tired too. so i stink.

i finished a book last night: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CFM ... UTF8&psc=1 i downloaded a sample and then purchased for kindle on 21 april. have also been reading American Prometheus - the book the Oppenheimer movie was based upon. i got the dropping of the bomb on Japan and controversy and it felt too much for right now. While away i purchased a rare novel The Midnight Library but once i fell, the beginning was too depressing.

in my mind, i thought that once i had surgery i would be on my way to wellness. i did not anticipate the very long painful recovery. obviously i was naive but i was so happy to be HOME and see doc and have surgery scheduled i didn't see far ahead.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 am

Morning girls…

Twins.. one day at a times. This is just a tiny grain of sand in your beach of life.

I spent a good part of the day at the dentist yesterday for my front tooth. Good news I guess is he says he can save it. Bad news is I need another root canal to do it. After much discussion on how sensitive my teeth are and how novocaine shots always hurt me, he promised he could numb the area before he gave me those shots.

It is migraine season for me again. Been battling them for the last few days and have another again. Think tonight I’ll take one of my pills to see if I can ward them off for tomorrow. I have too much I want to do.

Decided since I’m staying close to home today, I’m going to do my laundry instead of tomorrow. Already have one load in the washer

So much for my exciting day Twins :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:54 am

More exciting than mine, by far!

dd reminds me also that this is temporary but the days go so very slowly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:00 am

Well, it all depends on how entertaining you think mopping a large living room might be. One thing about having heated floors is that the floors really dry off quickly. Sometimes too quickly! I mop between the sofa/couch/chesterfield and the bedroom door and then I go back to get more water on the mop. By the time I get back, the part I mopped is already dry! I know where I stopped, so that is where I begin again. I finish the living room at the archway to kitchen. I go get more water so I can do between the living room and the bathroom and the living room is completely dry.

So far today I have swept the bedroom, mopped the living room and now it's time for that most exciting of rooms...

THE BATHROOM!! Woo hoo!!

First I need to sweep, because the cat boxes are now both in there. This is why I am posting. I don't want to sweep the bathroom.

Oh, okay... back in a bit.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am

Oh my goodness! That was thrilling!!

Bathroom is swept and the floor has been mopped.

Now I just have to do the kitchen. Right now the mop is soaking in some water with a lot of bleach in it for a while. Dh is in the kitchen, so I'm not doing the floor in there until he leaves the room. Right now he is staring at the contents of the fridge.

Supper? I think something with pork. Pork chops cooked in mushroom gravy. Green peas and mashed potatoes from a box. Sounds good to me.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:27 am

We listened to Goodwin interviewed about her book on our long drive to big city the other day and we were very impressed.

The others do seem heavy. Twin's, there must be something light to read that is just as valid and pushes your literary enjoyment forward. I've often said to myself, after the years (and years) of reading along with my children as they met their school reading requirements, that if I HAD to choose a fiction book to which I would return again, it would be the first (perhaps only the first) HPotter. I don't do fiction much, but genuinely enjoyed that dive into such fantasy perfection that jaded editors begged for sequel and plenty more. A full circle, vindication of the underdog, laughs, and you end up with an English accent when you put it down (smile). Maybe the next book, but I'd probably move on to other things after those ground-breaking ones. Not just because they headed for darker waters. I can't stay in fiction long. My book tote is full of non. :) DangerBoy devours fantasy series now that are like War and Peace length for each new book, thrilled to receive them, opening before the "thank you" is out of his mouth.

Thank you for the interesting facts about sheep, lucylee. I looked back at my post and I hope it didn't sound as if I was insisting on more info. I was happy to hear as much as you had already shared. But I must admit, it got more interesting. The dog breed may be new to me.

Today I have Mt. Washmore, or at least Laundry Hill.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:13 am

Good morning

My day has been mostly smooth with just a small bump with DS15 interaction. We didn't agree about him wearing dirty clothes. He sees no reason not to wear the same clothes he has previously worn which are very dirty. He insists that the clothes are just going to get dirty so why wear clean clothes? I told him with that logic then he should stop taking a shower. That got his attention because he is very intentional about keeping his long hair freshly washed and taking showers every day and then another shower when he has a social event.

10am CI - 54 cards complete.

A couple weeks ago when I started doing the family laundry again, I asked DH if he wanted to take over doing the floors. Vacuum and mopping. He said yes but he only vacuumed one time. I haven't said anything about it but am happy to see DH is doing the floors today. He does them in a different process than I do but I don't care. DH vacuums one room at a time and then stops and mops it.....then goes to next room and repeats. I always vacuumed everything and then mopped everything. ANYway that gets it done is acceptable to me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 am

LadyM, how is your new dog visitor doing?

So far it has been fairly easy. We are learning new habits and routines with her. Jerri sleeps in DD12 bedroom. When I wake DD12 up to get ready for school, I take Jerri outside to potty. DD12 takes responsibility to feed and water Jeeri and generally takes care of her during the day. DH takes Jerri outside at night for her last potty.

DD47 isn't answering text so I assume that means she is asleep and made it on the plane Vancouver, Canada to Brisbane, Australian. Her SO is meeting her there and they will both fly to Darwin. He is a very experienced traveler and is guiding her through this traveling adventure.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 pm

Good Moring ladies;
I talked to a gentleman at the thrift store yesterday that had gotten a pet carrier mid. size I asked if he had a cat or dog,
He said he was getting it for a broody hen that had been sitting on eggs in the bed of a truck. He had been given a Burniese mtn. Grard dog and
had not lost any and it had gotten out of hand he has 100 chickens now.

I am pretending it is fire Fri. I've been out at the fire pit and have burned branches in 3 cans and 2 wheel burrows.
I smell like I've been camping. Calling it pretend camping! LOL!

I left on a pj top that needed to be washed for this task and a denium long sleeve shirt & pants.
Now I can s2s.
So happy it is done.
Mail has come got none but helped step count to get up to the good point for today.
Glad I can have the fire down and walk doggo mid morning.
Qt done.
:idea:
Some journaling waited for a reflection after I had actually done something.
Got a blut med. sized speckled camping pot am excited to use it might be boiling some eggs in a bit.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”