Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Thursday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:07 am

I am looking forward to reading your thoughts, trials and accomplishments.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:10 am

Continuing with yesterday chat....

Anatolian Pyrenees is a mixture of the Anatolian Shepherd and the Great Pyrenees. They are the most popular breed here. They are seen on the side of the road walking their fence line and some kind hearted but clueless people will post on FB about loose dogs. These dogs roam free and won't stray far from the animals they are protecting.
Llamas and donkeys are also used as protective animals. All three Anatolian Pyrenees, llamas and donkeys are frequently seen in pastures with the livestock.

HEVC printing. The easiest way I can think of is to take a screenshot or photo of it. Then print the photo.

I would rather think about yesterday than deal with today.

I don't want to go to the orthodontist!
I don't wanna!
I don't wanna!
But I also don't want my teeth and gums to ruin my health.
It is a choice.
Short term pain for a long term gain.
So I will go sit in orthodontist chair today and put up with the short term pain.
I have used this orthodontist office before and know they are painless as possible.
Decision made.

Besides which is worse.
3 hours of riding with a 15 year old driver who is unexperienced in merging and other skills needed in the capital city traffic.
Or
2 hours of sitting in an orthodontist chair?
Time wise the ride there and back will be the worst part of the experience.
I am soooo looking forward to this being over.

fyi - DD47 arrived on the final flight at 11:30pm last night. It took her 2.5 days of travel for what was supposed to be 18 hours.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:50 am

Thank you for opening the village today LadyM!

Compost, garbage and recycling are at the end of the driveway. To the south of our house, our road is blocked due to a culvert being replaced across the road.

Our neighbour is having their windows cleaned. Dh has asked them to come over and give us a quote. They do the inside tracks and everything.

Supper tonight is meat pies by request and he wants a can of brown beans to go with them. Not my idea of a great combination, but we will be having that. I won't be making extra gravy this time. Nor will there be extra veggies.

It's a gorgeous sunny day out, but it's windy and cold. There was frost on the car windows this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:54 am

lol, ladyM! not sure which experience I'd take!

Dh and i showered. you guys have to know that he has had a fantasy going for years and years about us showering together and now it has come to pass! :lol: :lol: :lol: i can do almost everything myself - can't do one armpit and can't open containers.

d next door neighbors were over last night to hear about trip. i was tired but enjoyed their visit.

Tomorrow dcleaning lady comes. i told dh I am going to try to straighten up public areas for her, and will enlist her to help straighten and hang up things in mbr.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:57 am

(((LadyM))) I’m praying everything goes well for you. I’d be dreading it too! But like you said, long term benefits vs short term pain…

Hope you have a good day, Cathy!

LOL at Twins’ “romantic” start to the day.

I’m going out to help my dmom with something — hanging ferns? I think that’s her main request.
Tonight — dgrands have ballgames.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:20 am

Showering together can be fun. It can also just be a shower to get clean and/or assist your partner in getting clean. This one sounded like it was just to get clean. ;) :lol: 8-)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:23 am

Yes… I think the necessity of the moment probably took away from Twins’ Dads’ prior dreams of showering together.
:)
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:33 am

Yes… I think the necessity of the moment probably took away from Twins’ Dads’ prior dreams of showering together.

and........I'm also BRALESS these days! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:47 am

Morning girls …

I am
Laughing at showering together! My friend said when growing up her parent told her and her brother they showered together to save water and money :Lol: when I was with my previous husband we always showered together every night. In fact when he built our home he installed two shower heads at each end of the stall. That way neither one of us would get cold. My son just thought that was a normal thing people do.

LadyM… I follow several fb pages about the livestock guard dogs you mentioned and also the cattle dogs that round up sheep and cattle. I love watching them. When I lived on the farm my aunt had a small white sheltie dog named Trigger… and when she would be out in the pasture and needed a particular cow she would say… go get the brown cow Trigger and it amazes me to watch him do just that!

I met a woman not long ago who grazes her cattle in the mountains on public land. She was making photos of her working dogs and after explaining what her dogs did, I asked her how she trained them. Told me she never did… just got two adult dogs who were trained to herd and after that she would just add pups to the group and they learned from the other dogs.

I’ve had a nasty migraine for two days but hopefully I’m over it. I did do more laundry today, cleaned all my bathrooms and dusted the entire house. I need to check my birthday wrapping paper because tomorrow is my sons birthday. Otherwise I’ll have to do a dollar store run.

Twins…Hope you were well entertained :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 am

I have been reading What do you really want by Cayla Craft. It has a few christian reverences in it.
I am enjoying it but is geared to gals with young kids at home and working world not retirees.

Also Reading Do the New You. By Steven Furtick.
Basically sermon in print, glad I got the work book & journal for writing out from prompts.

I am working on MPP project aka my prayer planner.
Also revamping my sj spiritual journal / as they discontinued the pages I had been using for 2-3 yrs. having to revamp
something on my own has been my ongoing challenge since that happened. Making some progress but it is going a long
well for a while then spits and sputters and I stall out and have to regroup.

I have personal growth 5x7" planner I've set up for the new me and have done some art in it is all! :mrgreen:
Had fun with new art supplies!
Cover art of a butterfly from a stencil is done.
Gotta luv having a therme.

I have two devos. I want to delve into when these books are done.
An art book on my Amz. wish list, and that will be fun
with some lav. soap speaking of showers! My store has been out of found there.

Doing daily planning is going well b/c of the lists I've been working with for eons.
Weekly stuff same.
This should be my mowing day... sigh... and laundry day...
Slept in till 6:30 was up in the night praying glad I got back to sleep.
Do not have my watch on so that is helping me to have reduced stress at to how late it is with barely any progress made.
Glad I s2s last night & washed the smoke out of my hair.

I watch Sandy Brock raise sheep on yt and she has dogs that have been added and are not sheep dogs and they are smaller
and picked up what needs to happen in the barns. Lambs are cute.

I made deviled eggs from the ones I boiled yesterday, except the one I put in tuna salad for my dinner.
I need to skip outside rose pruning to let my hands heal up.
Also need to hydrate.

Return to “Post When You Can”