Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:19 pm

After my shower I puttered around a bit but a little more than two hours ago sat down to ice my arm. I just got up and made a sandwich and ate lunch.

I am going to list five things to do and come back when done.
-make the bed
-clear the long kitchen counters bounded by the wall (clear and wipe, as much as possible)
-do an online deposit in my checking account
-move laundry from dryer, fold and put away (mostly socks...)
-move laundry washer to dryer

Groundhog talk: one of our guys was ambushed last night in our yard. Lots of gray fur next to one of the reseeded areas. I bet he was feasting on our grass seed and a coyote got him. No remains in yard, thankfully.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:36 pm

I have walked the doggo.
Washer twins are going now.
Rain coming this afternoon so I"m glad we walked early.
Dinner is thawing.
My joy has returned I wake up singing and hear myself singing at random times
in my day like on my walks, going to the basement to do laundry. :mrgreen:
[It was a rough winter.]

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:18 pm

LadyM, so glad you received the news that your dd was safely at destination on the other side of the world. Prayers for your amazingly out-of-comfort-zone day today, that you can have calm and centeredness and the work of the pros is very well done, the help of dd15 uneventful and reassuring as pain eases.

Smiling at shower philosophy.

In all honesty, I came close to suggesting no, don't shower yet anyway, but rely on sponge baths a little longer until you are in less pain/concern, but it's better to get it done if it's what you want, what encourages you.

Oh, poor groundhog. I don't like that one little bit. :(

Cathy, I can't believe you had a frost this a.m. We are getting so hot here, although, yes, it did fluctuate for a few days.

Nancy, good job on planner work including cover art. I have STILL not done any art or art decision for my 2024 planner front (clear cover allows insert). Last year's was so nice, I think I feel in competition with it. So silly because the planner's always open and I even forget what it looks like closed. I don't take it out into the world anywhere.

Our shopping trip was successful, although HRH keeps repeating the $200-plus total in disbelief, lol. Actually, we got a lot, and some items were the always-high things. Not really any surprises in individual prices, except a great sale on Impossible Meat, so that is happily stocked in freezer.

At pharmacy, he refused one eyedrop because it was so expensive. I argued because it WAS for 3 months, but he says, nope, he's got to talk to dr about this expense. All others were so cheap that my shampoo was the highest item we bought there. I think he is spoiled by relatively low-priced scripts, and when one is high, he doesn't realize MANY out there are just that high. (he still requires 4 different prescription drops)

Got home to email request to have WonderBoy stay with us on the 23rd, the day of both his older brother's graduation event at state capitol and his own tryouts for the more important local soccer league. An instant "We'd love to" from us, of course. He alone will be the brother who misses seeing the pomp and circumstance, and in a way that is fine. Allowing the boys to do different things, sometimes even do things alone, is great for their well-being and for making memories. The two youngest will be making memories with their Mom, oldest making memories in a milestone event, and second-oldest making memories as a growing-up team player.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:33 pm

List was done awhile ago. I fielded one phone call while working and another as I finished. I also returned one from yesterday. I am going to sit down awhile before I go again.

I need to make a grocery list for dh, or do a Doordash order.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:07 pm

Was going to mention there was a volcano in Turkey or some where in Eurpope that probably
effect air travel could be the cause of LM's dd long delays.

Laundry is clean dry folded & put away.
Except the sheets.

Floors did not get any attn. yet this week sort of saving that for when the weather is wet out.
Soup days decided not to go to the market yet I have food in the house now after Tues. shopping errand day.
So EXCITED we are getting a hobby lobby in the next town ten min. away yea!!!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:55 pm

Honey, I''m home!
I am so very happy to have that experience behind me.
I am very thankful it was almost pain free. The doctor had ordered Nitrous oxide gas as part of the procedure but gave the option to not use it. I choose to not use it. They did use some amazing liquid to completely numb my mouth and that worked well for me. I have another similar procedure scheduled in 2 weeks and now my anxiety level is greatly reduced since I know it isn't horrible,

DS15 driving in multi-lane city traffic was a success in that we survived it. There were plenty of moments when I was saying prayers for safety. Driving the interstate at 85mph feels safe when I have hold of the steering wheel but not so much with him casually holding the wheel with a finger or two. There was a time he didn't notice the traffic slowing down and had to lock up the brakes resulting in the back of the suv sliding sideways. Reminding myself.... All is well that ends well.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:22 pm

I am feeling exhausted. Perhaps too much today? Dh is home and grilling chicken.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:19 pm

That's a good report, LadyM.

This afternoon and evening I weeded out in the front. I'm so sorry to report that the poisonous vine with 9 lives has come BACK up again :evil: in my long flower bed, where I had eradicated it so well (I thought) that it didn't show itself for an entire year. Sigh. Did I possibly kill some and another has emerged or is this just more of the same un-killable thing. Don't know.

I'm making a tentative plan for shopping at one of the local nurseries tomorrow. HRH says I should wait for dstepdil to go with me, but I'm sure there would be more chances for us to go together. I'd like to get some things done now.

If early, then I need to get back here by 10:30 a.m. in order to go with HRH to his gen prac appt that I had planned to attend.

I know that the young man is coming to visit tomorrow around 4:30-5 and may wait around for dd to get home from work.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:58 pm

I relaxed and rested in the recliner this evening. The periodontist called to ask how I was doing and if I needed anything. I really like this doctor and staff.

DD47 has received notice that her bags should catch up with her on the 27th. Six days late. I don't have an understanding of how poorly airlines are operating.

DS15 is busy with friends. There have been 3 of them here since we got home. I could bore you to tears with details of what they are busy doing. If you guess it has something to do with pickups, you would be correct.

Sweet Dreams to all
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:17 pm

lol, LadyM, make sure the teens remember mosquito repellent. That's great that the office called to make sure you were doing well. I'm sure it makes you more confident in them. Sounds like your dd is having a real travel adventure.

Very torn about my day tomorrow. I need to clone myself to be two places at once several times tomorrow. One way or another, I simply must make the appt with HRH, because I always do and would be expected by this dr. (some of his appts he doesn't need me at all, but the gen prac is balancing all and needs input) Dd25 says forget the nursery tomorrow, but she still couldn't go with me if I waited until Saturday anyway, and I really feel that time is a-wastin'. I suppose HRH could entertain the young man by himself, but by that time of day traffic could be a problem. Thinking.

Return to “Post When You Can”