Simple Saturday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Simple Saturday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:23 am

I'm still keeping it simple here. We might go to an event at temple this afternoon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Simple Saturday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 am

Thanks for the start Twins' Mom!

There was another frost warning overnight and it's been pouring rain all morning.

Dh has his best friend coming over to help him with a computer issue later this morning.

Dh also wants a roti in the worst way and that is almost an hour's drive away heading towards Toronto. I don't want to go with him to pick it up. Too much traffic plus it's raining.

Depending on whether dh actually goes to get rotis depends on what is for supper. Those things are very filling.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:23 am

Good morning!

I had never heard of roti so I went on a deep dive down the rabbit trail. I discovered there are so many names for similar type of bread. We have it here and call it fry bread. According to information I found there are some variations in ingredients and cooking methods, but they all seem to have the same basic ingredients. They are super easy to make and is one of the monthly suppers we have at church. A DFriend makes over 100 of them in a short amount of time. She has the counters covered with dough balls and 8 skillets going to cook them.

Plans for today-
DONE!** Push mow, weed eating, trim tree limbs and fill dog holes with pea gravel in the middle section of back yard
** Living room declutter and deep clean. Decorate for spring

Healthy Habits -
** 14 hourly step challenges
** Cronometer truthful logging

Remain weather aware. The meteorologists have bullseye over my area with a 40% chance for tornado outbreak this afternoon.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am

Morning Girls...

Well all my morning routines are done and footprints are gone.

Watered my sunnies and wanted to plant some of my potted ones, but we are having very strong winds with gusts over 30+ mph. Not great for messing with dirt and digging holes. It will need to wait for another day.

In the meantime I am working on clearing my desk and then will do a few other tasks.

Waving to y'all
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:06 pm

CI ~ I am okay slept well.
talked with dsis and got qt done mostly all except had bfast & took Rx, took Vits. & drank coffee.
Thinking I should do the thinks I did not yesterday.
Dressed by nine - ish.
Some sun today.
Pruned one more rose bush got the canned by the fire pit.
Walked ddoggo before it rains.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:46 pm

We went to the next town to get Saturday frozen yogurt treat and a couple bags of burgers for the kids. While driving there I noticed several pastures with the cattle grouped in the corner instead of grazing. That is an indication of severe weather coming. Livestock know and seek to go as far away from storm as they can.

Next up - move rabbit cages to protected area next to 8' solid fence.
1. Know what you want.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:20 pm

popping in to check for LadyM.

Can't stick around, just glad she's ok. Cole was too close to her and the news made the news up here so I wanted to look-in.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm

Waving madly at Kathryn!

I’ve showered and we’ll to to the 4 pm program at temple today. I’m icing my arm. The ice bags from the hospital started leaking and the ones dh ordered have no flexibility. It’s like balancing a block of ice on my wrist.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

~~~~Waving to Kathryn~~~~~~~~

All good here. Nothing scary. At this moment we have a storm chaser a mile away from us live streaming. The radar shows a hook (tornado) but it isn't on the ground. The tornados so far today have been wrapped in rain (can't see them). Thankfully they aren't fully formed and not on the ground. If you want to watch Oklahoma style live stream storm tracking - here you go.
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

TY my dsis & family in NW ark. she was in the basement last nite & most of yesterday.
It is good to see K in C pop in.
I have been out to use hula hoe and got 85% of my steps in for today before one yea!
Swept maple tree seeds off the patio too.
Had my lunch before hand.
It is just now starting to sprinkle a bit.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”