Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 pm

I had lunch then mowed the back rested and then went out and did the front.
We have rain in the forecast Monday.
A town in Oklahoma of a homesteader I watch got wiped out by twisters yesterday.
My sis is okay but watching the weather ch. today.
Today I listen to Georgian chants when I did my QT.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:03 pm

I did about an hour of garden-bed-turning with a mattock. Breaking up some clods that shouldn't be clods and wondering about some drainage because of that. Shopped online for some soil amendments (fluffy thoughts) and made an order. Brought the organic fertilizer out of the mud room cupboard.

Dd brought takeout and it turned out to be so filling I don't think I'll want another thing. (Pad Thai)

Nancy, I'll be joining you in getting planner ready for next week. My little sticker mascot this week is a bird at birdhouse. Next week I think a snail/snails. A dirt-conscious week.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:59 pm

Harriet I luv that! Snails for dirt!
Had an early dinner.
I was not doing so well this morning but feeling much better this evening yea!
I raked the grass in the basket yard it looks better now.
I burn the branches I pruned off yesterday just one wagon load so it was not a big project.
Did not walk ddoggo today she got to play in the yard with me today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:19 am

It has been an uneventful weekend.
DGS spent Friday and Saturday nights, and they are both here tonight.
DGS had a great time with his friend Saturday -- spent about 4 hours there, played video games and watched a movie, then went fishing in their pond. He said he caught 3 perch. :) The dad sent me a couple pictures of dgs with his fish. They are making plans to go out hiking in the forest in a couple weeks. This family also has a swimming pool, and dgs is hoping to get an invitation to swim as summer begins! (DGS knows he should be preparing to reciprocate with an invitation to his house, but he certainly feels his house is less entertaining... and of course, I feel his house is still too cluttered and messy. But they ARE working on this, so... who knows. I also told dgs, he might invite this little boy to go fishing sometime when he and ds go with ddil's dad. Or maybe they could invite him to a movie or something like that.)

Anyway -- we've just done the normal Saturday/Sunday stuff. I went to Sunday School again. Napped a little this afternoon. Stayed outside with dgrands for a while. Actually cooked some chicken strips for supper. :shock: Then took them to S*nic for ice cream and jalapeno poppers and still managed to blow $20. SMH... I'm trying to be more careful, you know. DGS and I ate out last night, and we probably spend $30+ on combo of Kryst*l and D*iry Queen. But I think they went to bed happy tonight and both kids were asleep by 10:00 pm.

Someone around here was shooting fireworks tonight, around 9:00/10:00 pm. :? That is so weird. What on earth could they be celebrating on April 28?
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”