Sunday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 am

it's Sunday! what's happening in your little corner of our friendly village?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:13 am

i was tired last night and got into pajamas early. Dneighbors had a fire and other neighbors over, dh went over but I read in bed.

today we're going to the river. Some sun, and temps around 80. We're going around 11 and need to be home 4:30ish. we'll all order lunch out there. Dh is bowling tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:34 am

Good Morning!

Twins - Thank you for opening the SHE village. Your hours spent with friends on the river sound wonderful.

We had a wild weather night with multiple storms moving on around 3am. I am thankful we don't have damage to deal with today in my tiny piece of the big world.

It is a typical Sunday. I don't take that for granted.

I have been to the garden a couple times this morning. Ripe strawberries are in abundance.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:53 am

Morning girls..

Twins… a day spent with friends sounds nice

LadyM… I was thinking about you last night and glad the storms missed you

I have no idea what my day will be like. All my footprints and routines are done. Still very windy with 30+ mph winds expected through the day. Glad my sunnies are staked and tied together. The winds still whips them around but there is strength in numbers.

I had hoped to plant today but the winds make it impossible. Need to water my sunnies and gardens.

I have a dental appointment at 8am in the morning. Just want to get this process over with. I think I get my permanent crown put in.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 am

Hi!

Dh has requested chili cheese dogs with raw onions for supper. I think I will have wieners and beans.

I went to a local store and bought 2 bags of kitty litter this morning. This is the only store that carries the brand I have been using for almost 10 years. The price was $5 until 2020 and then it started sneaking up and now it's $8 for the same bag,

I have been washing blankets this morning. The warmer weather is in evidence this week with temps being high enough to consider turning off the furnace sometime in the next 24 hours maybe. I think it's almost time to bring the 2 window air conditioners inside from the garage as well.

It was pouring rain earlier, but that has stopped and it's still overcast. Dh and I sat at the patio table without coats on for a while.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:06 am

Cathy I'm joining you in the wash room. I have my sheets doing doing a bit of catch up.
Still sniffly and coughing a bit so am home. sigh oh well.
I have done 75% of my QT stuff and it was productive.
Siill need to do my bujo I can put done stuff in it as I do that.
My inspiration these days is the turtle won the race I feel like
I am in turtle mode. I have a beach towel I use as a bath sheet it has
you guessed it turtles on it! :mrgreen:

My insight today on a writing project was to write an out line that makes me feel better after doing that I have
actually done quite a bit on this project yea! That was very helpful.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm

LadyM how close are you to the town that starts with an "S" ? So happy you are safe.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:01 pm

I'm about 100 miles from S town. I have visited there several times over the years. Nothing is officially confirmed yet, but they think our state had 59 tornado warnings and 27 tornadoes on the groundyesterday.

I had seven in the nursery this morning. Three were under 1 year old plus 4 two year olds. Busy doesn't begin to describe it. I am feeling a bit shell shocked.

Lunch was frozen chicken nuggets cooked in the air fryer. It is my "I don't know what to fix but I need something to feed the hungry kids" meal
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Lol, LadyM, that’s a lot of young’uns!

Sitting on a deck alongside the river w friends was lovely. The dhs went out and got our lunches and we even ate outside. an and my dh went to the dock for awhile to tinker w the boat.

Dh has gone to bowling so I’m on my own tonight. He walked dmillie before he left.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:53 pm

This sat here a while for some reason. Slight overwhelm around here, perhaps.

Prayer meeting last evening was good but lasted so long. Has been getting longer and longer.

Decided to try morning worship feed from dd25's wedding officiant's church far away. This is an urban, very millennial-to-GenX congregation and they do things in a minimalist, straightforward way. Good music program, although heavy on the praise songs without much traditional or hymnal. His sermon was serious, long, intent. I found it interesting that he told the congregation they were brave, because they knew what he was going to preach on, and they came anyway. (Hard lesson on using other people, with past and present examples.) Second time I've seen him, first was in a video-d SS setting.

HRH went out this afternoon and mended/altered the irrigation hose that needed cut-to-measure, new clamp, new attachment. He tested everything and it's all good, works well. That was helpful.

Return to “Post When You Can”