Monday, Majorly Motivated

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Dove

Re: Monday, Majorly Motivated

Postby Dove » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:54 pm

Hello friends. I like your opening for today, Harriet, & will hold a positive thought that I will feel motivated later today. Right now, not so much. Coming off of an unusually busy, not so fun week that had me out of the house every morning. On Friday night I told dh I wanted to do something fun on Saturday so we went to two favorite flea markets that are not far from each other. It was a nice way to enjoy the beautiful weather, get in lots of steps, & see unusual things.

I have finally cuop for this thread. I know I can jump in whenever, but I prefer being caught up first. It's kind of like not wanting to see a movie if I'll miss even just the first five minutes.

Cathy, it's humid here today, too. And hot. I wilt in the heat & my favorite season now is winter :) . So unlike my younger years when I spent most of my time outdoors. Looking forward to cooler temps in a few days.

So glad that the tornadoes missed you, LadyM. DD12 will be a teenager next month? Wow, time flies.

Nancy, I am always impressed with all the yard work you do.

Hi Mystery! Good luck with your work today. We are having meatloaf tonight too :) with mashed potatoes & peas. Leftovers from the other night.

((dTwins)) I was so sorry to read that you broke your wrist. Glad you had a nice evening out with friends. I hope your wrist heals quickly & will soon be good as new.

((Lucylee)), so glad to read that you are doing well & that dgkids are spending lots of time with you.

It was so nice to see Kathryn pop in the other day. I've been worried about her. Now, if only blessed would check in ...

I've noticed this month that the number of guests visiting here has been steadily increasing. The more the merrier, but I've been curious as to why now all of a sudden. There were over 500 at the same time once & out of curiosity I clicked into every thread & there were dozens of guests in each one. Does anyone know -- could these be bots gathering info?

I need to pick up lots of footprints & write an OMM list to get all the things On My Mind Off My Mind. I can never decide which word -- on or off-- to use for OMM because they both fit. :)

Turkey sandwiches for lunch soon. Be back later to cuop in J&C and Members.

~~~ Waving to everyone. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:08 pm

Checking in…

I spent 2.5 hours in the dentist chair. One temporary crown removed and the permanent one put in. Had second tooth worked on and had another temporary crown put on. Entire left side of my mouth is numb. Not complaining cause none of the work hurt. However my mouth is going to be sore from all the shots she gave me plus I had to keep my mouth open for most of the time.

Did a quick run to WM because it’s a block away from the dentist. Came home ate some yogurt and I’m toast for the rest of the day. Already took 3 Tylenols when I got home
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:12 pm

((Ramblin')) ... .. toast. Sigh. All that is in the rear-view mirror, at least.

Twins', I know ... .. it's hard to want to do so many things. But you do remind me of (paraphrasing) Andre the Giant's famous line in Princess Bride.
You've just exceeded 3,000 steps?!? That doesn't make you happy?!?
Mystery, I think, may smile at that.

Dove, in my limited understanding, whether sites are anywhere from boring to exciting, the bots pass through. Every once in a long while, I wonder about an ad or something that comes my way, when it seems to me that it was only a chat here that even brought such a thing to mind, and I wasn't even the one who mentioned. But HRH says that's nothing - he notices ads for things he's only talked to me about in our home. (Then he looks over at his little Alexa-compatible peripheral, with a frown. He and she only talk intentionally about the weather.) I have no idea really, but, yes, I think bots pass through.

Outside, I've gotten the lantana planted. I "grew" 5 bricks of coir and the fluffiness is distributed to needy areas. I mixed some manure and potting soil and top-dressed the large bed. I'll need to do more of that.

Boiling water 2nd time onto vine before doing anything around it.

Toads are appalled at me. Lizard thinks I didn't see him. HRH says the toads mean the beds are healthy, but I would like to see more earthworm representation. So far, the only snail is on my planner, Nancy.

Btw, Nancy, can't you catch that zebra for those folks? Needs to go back with family, and the clown could only manage three.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 pm

I was unaware of a zebra on the loose.
I have zebra stickers however great idea!
What are the flags that look like USA flags only have black white & red stripes?

I have been out weeding on the E.side of the prop. in front.
Glad I did that where it was protected from the wind and before it blew in a bit of hail and rain.
Had lunch some soup sounded good today for my lunch.
Sun is trying to come out now.
No walk today yet... waiting a bit to see how the weather does.

Might to some clearing and take stuff down stairs for steps. Did some steps to the basement and ...
I do have just over 3,600 now. half was there is good for my day so I far.
Update...
We walked so got our quota for the day in now yea!
6,272 steps now.
Just saw that Zebras on the loose. I live on the other side of that state.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 pm

I have been majorly motivated today, but the day is getting away from me. That tends to happen when one sleeps till nearly 11:00 a.m. Of course, my sleep was interrupted from about 6:30-8:00 -- had to get dgrands up and delivered to school.
DS called and offered to go with me to the cemetery and dispose of dead flowers. Meanwhile, the guy who mows the adjoining cemetery, and has wanted to buy some plots from our roped off family section, called. I was really afraid that he was going to be asking again about buying the additional plots. Dbil was all in favor of selling, but dh was VERY opposed to the idea.
Anyway -- nooo, the guy didn't even mention that! He told me how sorry he was about dh's death, and HE was offering to clean up the flowers and take them to the dumpster at his (my former) church. Church is almost in sight of the cemetery. He said there was no rush; he just wanted me to know he'd take care of it if I wanted him to. I thanked him so much, and told him ds and I had just made plans to haul them off today, but we would make use of the dumpster if that was okay.

So ds and I did that, and I have a load of laundry started.
Did my daily Bible reading... talked to dmom... helped ds put a bunch of old papers in page protectors... oh -- and "visited my colorist"! Thankful to have that done!

DS brought up something that had been nagging at him. First, he had in his mind that he left out a nephew in the obituary. LOL... he was thinking of my dbro -- a brother-in-law -- granted, dbro was only 8 when we married, and is 20 years younger than dh, so he "seems" more like a nephew than a brother... but I told ds that was fine. Dbro was mentioned in the obituary as a pallbearer. (But not specified as to his relationship to dh there.)
THEN... now nagging at me... I realized we did not mention dmom at all. :( We should have done that. I hope she doesn't feel slighted that we didn't. Of course, she was sitting right there in the room with us when we told the funeral home the relatives. She could have asked if we wanted to include in-laws. Sigh.

Oh well...

The rest of my day's PODA will be
[ ] laundry
[ ] PUPA in preparation for bug lady to come spray tomorrow
[ ] put on some makeup before going to ballgames
[ ] DGD plays at 5:30
[ ] DGS plays at 7:00
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 pm

I'm lost, Harriet.
But you do remind me of (paraphrasing) Andre the Giant's famous line in Princess Bride.

I've exceeded yesterday's step count already and will walk up to the pool "cabana" for the 6 p.m. meeting. And I had fitbit off while it charged this am.

I talked to dcousin J this afternoon. She has had an issue w water retention and a cardiac issue, and also had pinky toenail removed and beneath was gangrene, so she lost her pinky. despite that, she is holding steady on her kidney function and feels better than she was feeling before this started.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:04 pm

The burritos turned out better than i had hoped. This effort was rated 10 out of 10 by DS15 and DH. I entered the ingredients into a recipe on cronometer so I could track the macros and nutritional data for them. I am pleased.

The north side of the back yard had a stack of paving stones (16-in L x 16-in W x 2-in H) left by previous owners. The stack of pavers have been sitting there ignored for years. I decided to put them to use in the garden. That required some serious physical effort to move all those pavers which was mostly done by DH. Each stone weighs approx. 40 lbs. I moved about half dozen of the pavers before my arms and back reminded me that was ENOUGH for today. DH personality doesn't have a quit button, so he just continues to move them. DH is still incredibly strong and seems to enjoy physically challenging tasks. Hopefully he won't be in pain later today.

I am making spaghetti and meatballs for the family's evening meal.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:45 pm

Twins', I just meant the frustration of not yet being about to do all the things you want until you heal. I thought that's what you were saying, anyway. Andre's character Fezzik encouraged Wesley, who couldn't move at all a few minutes before, by saying, "You just shook your head! That doesn't make you happy?"

I got chased inside by the dust (and pollen?) as ds mowed our lawn. Thought I could just stay out there but it was getting to my throat.

But I got a dozen more plants settled/watered-in and had a good chat with ds.

He and ddil sent us the cutest photo of dgdC's birthday party. All the girls from her class, plus more from her team. Happy, silly girls having fun posing on their front lawn.

HRH and dd teamed up to make a really good Italian night and we watched Open All Hours together. Also watched the trailer for Jerry Seinfeld's upcoming comedy movie, Unfrosted. Looks like it may be fun.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:18 pm

CI:
[/] laundry
[ ] PUPA in preparation for bug lady to come spray tomorrow
[x] put on some makeup before going to ballgames
-- probably not enough make-up, LOL... dmom says she can tell I'm not getting enough sleep by the look in my eyes.
[x] DGD plays at 5:30
-- Lost, but dgd got two good hits. I think her first of the year. She got left on base both times, but still -- great improvement.
[x] DGS plays at 7:00
-- Won, 7-6, so it was a very exciting game. DGS made a great play in deep right field, getting the throw in and stopping the runner on second base. He hit the ball, but it went straight to the pitcher and he was thrown out at first. Still, I think it was the first time he has put the ball in play this season, so improvement for him, too.

Also -- I told dmom how ds and I were suddenly concerned that she and dbro had hurt feelings for not being included in obituary. She assured me that she had NOT even thought about this, and that she felt sure that dbro had not either.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:04 am

Nancy, I figured you probably weren't close to the incident, but it did make me think of you and your state. What a wonderful headline, "4 Zebras broke free on a highway, a rodeo clown stepped in". (smile) So glad that for the most part, at least, we think it's a happy ending.

lucylee, I don't think parents-in-law are usually remembered in survivor listings in obituaries, even though that would be nice. I doubt if anyone thought that was really an error. You and ds did a great job.

lucylee is doing a great job getting out to grands' ball games, too. I don't do enough of that at all.

I have my work and play cut out for me tomorrow. I left tools out and ready because it is so dry here now and because I'm sure I'll be out early.
Definitely getting my exercise in lately. Somewhere in the mix I need to tend to recyclables.

Don't know when I can help dd with some plants at her new house - might have to wait until weekend, and, frankly, I might have to take my hands off and give it all up to the couple, letting them handle it. (gasp)

Return to “Post When You Can”