Monday, Majorly Motivated

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Monday, Majorly Motivated

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:52 am

Wishing for each one that we feel majorly motivated today, by something really interesting!

For what are you making plans? What is making you grateful to finish? Or maybe even making your eyes light up? Will you see an interesting person, or learn something new today?

CathyS

Re: Monday, Majorly Motivated

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:07 am

I will be motivated to get ready so I can go out.

It's humid here today!! :shock: :D I turned the furnace down yesterday as I was quite warm in the house. I felt like opening a window in the bedroom just after I went to bed last night. I think it's time!

Today is double knitting day. 10 to 12 for the first group and 1 to 3 for the second.

No idea what is for supper tonight. There is a cottage roll waiting in the fridge for tomorrow night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 am

Have double knitting fun, Cathy. Did you make the cottage roll?

I'm majorly motivated by a package of dirt I can see was delivered early this morning. Best I can tell, I believe dd took it from the walkway and put it into the back porch as she left this a.m.

This is not really "dirt" but coconut coir bricks. I'll be re-hydrating a few today and working the resulting fluffy moist material into a garden bed that seems (well, if it was a cake) kinda stodgy.

Coir is interesting to me - the more sustainable option that has replaced the peat moss we always purchased when I first made my own garden. And a bit amazing to watch it grow with warm water, like some old-time blob science fiction scene, lol. Or maybe that scene with Mary Tyler Moore as Laura Petrie, mistakenly opening the inflatable raft in her living room. :D I'll say this, it certainly is more convenient than bringing home the peat bale I once bought from a huge stack of them at a home improvement store when I was a young mother. Needed the pickup for that, but several of these little bricks take up the room of a shoebox. Back then, I don't think anyone even suggested that using peat was bad for the environment or that it could run out - we didn't hear of things like that.

Hopefully, I'll get to some hole-digging and planting today. Can't do the hanging baskets because now I've seen a new idea of inserts for inside their bottoms that "save" some water for the plants to drink later. So, I simply must have some, right? This is how my mind works, although I am also trying to think of smart ways to re-use something I may already have here to do it for free.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:58 am

Good morning!

Harriet - Thank you for opening the SHE village today.

Micro has an appointment with the groomer this morning. A SHE card reminds me to take him every 50 days.

While driving to school this morning DD12 and I discussed possible ways to celebrate her birthday next month. We have a plan.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:29 am

Hi Harriet! I will be cooking it tomorrow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:30 am

Good morning!

Now I’m wondering what a cottage roll is.

We will be having meatloaf tonight. DH was very ambitious this weekend. On Saturday, I asked if he’d run to the nearby grocery store while I drove DC to an event the college was throwing at a nearby park — near to the college, that is.From here, it was about a :35 drive, so DH had plenty of time to go to the store —then, again, it was a Saturday afternoon, so maybe not “plenty” with the crowds.

While he was there, he spotted a family pack of ground beef, which he brought home and divided. While I was visiting my DM yesterday, he was putting together a meatloaf for today. He had already done a load of laundry while I was still in bed. Like I said, ambitious!

I should be more ambitious than I am right now. I have a big document to look over that they want done today. I’m not even sure what it’s about other than plasma arc cutting. There was a big illustration that we went over at our Thursday meeting, but I’ve forgotten what it was about — I was working on two other things on Friday.

It’s about time to take DC to school. When I get back, I won’t have any excuse not to get to work. Have a good day, all!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:09 am

I did 2 ten min rounds. One on the kit. counters and one on the front beds feels like I"m majorly motivate but I actually
divided the time in half I usually do on them! Divide and conquer.
Did my at stuff.
Still have too much on my plate so am going to try some EOD stuff.
Had bfast.

Have a great day!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:18 am

Going through my day with boundaries around each hourly challenge. Also working through an immense number of cards one at a time.

Non daily Cards that are being done today -
** End of the month - get cash from bank for the upcoming month.
** Every 2 weeks - run generator
** Every Monday - gather trash from everywhere and prepare big trash bags for tomorrow morning.

In the garden... I am doing one tomato and pepper plants at a time.
** Scuff up the dirt around the plant. If there is any weeds sprouting then pull them.
** Sprinkle tablespoon of each - lime, blood meal and bone meal around the plant
** Fill bucket with compost made almost entirely from grass clippings. It turns into soil that is incredibly dark and rich.
** Spread bucket of compost in 3 ft diameter around the plant.
** Place 3-4 inches of pine shavings on top of the compost to keep it moist.
Repeat for each of the 30 plants. The process takes me awhile but I find it gives me joy to work through the repetition of it.

I am going to mass produce some burritos. It has been awhile since I did this and I miss having them ready to eat in the freezer. I won't know exactly what I will make until I start cooking, but I think it will be beef/bean burritos and some breakfast burritos. Hum....I could add some rice to the bean/beef and maybe some hash browns to the egg/cheese breakfast burritos. And salsa! I rarely cook with a recipe, so it just sort of happens with spur of the moment decisions.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:12 pm

dh let me know when he left that he had walked and fed the dog. I didn't wake up after that until 9:30 and I haven't done much since then. I did go to bed at regular time last night but was obviously tired.

I had 3400 steps yesterday. this a.m. have to charge the Fitbit (should have done last week, but whatever) so I'll miss capturing some.

I have the HOA board meeting tonight. In normal times I would have done some prep, I might still but OTOH anything on the keyboard is difficult and probably uses my wrist more than necessary.

This has been sitting all morning, although I've also been adding as i go. I want to do so many things!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 pm

Rounded up tools and container for trimming the plants on front W. side of property.
Got em clipped off rakes up and in the trash for pick up day tomorrow.
Yea for a successful task.
Finished just as it started to rain a bit and was blowing some.
So happy I got the other part I started earlier too.
Taking a breather.
Dressed before nine also to go out and do that.

Return to “Post When You Can”