Thriving Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thriving Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 am

Go forth and thrive!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Thriving Thursday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Thu May 02, 2024 9:28 am

I was up before 7, so I turned off my alarm and got dressed. Compost and recycling are at the end of the driveway.

Swept and mopped kitchen. There are dishes waiting to be done. I also have to do grocery shopping because I'm out of yogurt and dh needs fruit.

Supper tonight will be tortellini in pasta sauce. Trying to use up the cold weather foods from the freezer. It's a gorgeous day here and I have windows open all over the house.

We have a window cleaning company coming to do all the windows, including tracks, on the 13th. Our neighbour just had hers done and they look amazing. We've never had them done professionally, so we got a quote and dh said he wants them done, even if it's just once. (Our neighbour gets them done twice a year.)
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 02, 2024 9:30 am

Good morning!

Twins - thank you for the start today.

Last night we had another wild weather experience. No tornadoes this time (Thankful!) but the storms brough 80mph winds, pea size hail, powerful lightning/thunder and rain. My 5" rain gauge is full this morning.

DD12 came to my bed around midnight. She was clutching Jerri and was terrified because of the sound of the weather. We sat on the couch together and calmly talked through her feelings as the storm sounds were happening. I showed her the radar and explained it was just wind/hail/rain/lightning/thunder. I offered to take DD12 to the storm cellar if she wanted, but she declined. After about 30 minutes she decided to return to bed. I continue sitting on the couch using multiple screens to watch the weather reports and local social media with individuals reports of flooding. Within a few minutes another LOUD thunder happened and DS15 bailed out of his bed. We discussed the storm and its lack of threat to us, then DS15 decided to return to bed. By that time it was almost 2am and the worst of the storm was about past us. I went back to bed and slept like a baby.

I called Dbro at daybreak to see if he was flooded and needed any help. He lives on a river which has caused roads to be closed because water is over the river banks. He and DSIL said they are okay. They are both independent get 'er done type people and won't ask for help until they prove they can't do it themselves. Yesterday Dbro sent me pictures of a baby colt that was just born at his barn. Springtime brings some violent weather but OH WOW with the newborn colts and calves fills my heart with joy.

DD12 and I went shopping after school yesterday. She is very pleased with her new outfit for today talent show. I love seeing her confidence grow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 02, 2024 10:26 am

LadyM, I'm sure Ramblin' will be tickled to hear a foal's healthy birth happened despite the weather threats. So glad you and family all seem to have gotten through well, too. Sorry about everyone's bad night's sleep.

I never really got to feeling better yesterday evening. HRH and I stayed up awhile to challenge each other on old-ish song lyrics and debate which were great poetry, which were silly, and which were both, therefore genius. (CredenceCR is his contender for that)

THRIVING - I'm assuming I'll be better today, and it had something to do with not noticing I was getting too tired gardening, plus sun in my bad eye ... .. aura? Picking my thrive battles, but optimistic.

Today he's going to go for a glimpse into that free foot health class series, but I've decided to stay at home. He's more interested in the strength part, but you have to go through general health and then balance first, so I don't know if his interest will last. If there are a great lot of folks there for it, I predict he won't like it as much as a small group and might bail. He says without me there to insist that he be patient, he has an overwhelming desire to skip out on medical stuff these days, lol. I have pep-talked.

Laundry was the remaining item on yesterday's 5-on-a-card and now there's more laundry. I didn't make a card for today, but the new plants are calling me. Also starting another broccoli sprout batch. Keenly aware I haven't made basket decisions. So, I guess I do have a 5-on-a-card.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2024 11:49 am

Busy morning, I've ben cleaning for dcleaning lady.

Some On My Mind issues today:

-told dh I'd s2s on my own after dcleaning lady is here
-Need to take a look at the cards I have already made upstairs, Dfriend V talked me into offering some for sale at temple this weekend,
-select a thank you car for neighbor who brought food on Monday and write note
-HOA
---bills to pay
---reconcile two accounts
---gather up and attach documentation for April to bank stmts
-temple cemetery: write two checks and mail
-rsvp to two graduation parties on 18 may
-call Pearle vision re lenses for glasses.

not all has to be done today or this week
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 02, 2024 12:10 pm

I read posts while having bfast forgot to post.
Up at 5:00 qt & journals done.
s2s happened hair is drying now.
cleaned the tub.

Thinking if Zebra was spotted 12 hrs. ago and caught on camera.
Spoofs of it traveling all over even on a ferry are on FB. so funny!
Might be the new tourism mascot for our state!

Waving to all.
Thanks for the great theme today twins!
Did my de-vining task it is off the fence now! Yea!
I still have to get the stuff I took off the fence in cans, bags or burn it deciding now...
Had lunch
then walked.

Zebra found! He's at the sea hawks playing field he's a kicker!
Ducking and running!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu May 02, 2024 4:55 pm

Nancy - LOL with the zebra sightings.

I didn't realize how stressed I was for DD12 talent show until it was over. The junior high and high school kids were EXCELLENT in being attentive and kind to all the performers. They clapped and cheered after every performer.....even for the kids who were lacking. I think DD12 is happy with her performance and felt good about herself. I consider that a Win! Win!
Note to self.....need to find a voice teacher for DD12. I can't carry a tune, so I am absolutely no help.

It is raining again. Nice boring rain with no stormy drama.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu May 02, 2024 5:15 pm

How wonderful for dd, LadyM, and wonderful that is over too.

I've had a pretty quiet day but I've done at least some of those things.

-told dh I'd s2s on my own after dcleaning lady is here That worked out just fine
-Need to take a look at the cards I have already made upstairs, Dfriend V talked me into offering some for sale at temple this weekend,
-select a thank you car for neighbor who brought food on Monday and write note
-HOA
---bills to pay
---reconcile two accounts
---gather up and attach documentation for April to bank stmts
-temple cemetery: write two checks and mail
-rsvp to two graduation parties on 18 may
-call Pearle vision re lenses for glasses.
We'll go tomorrow so they can change out lenses

I think we're going out to eat in a few.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu May 02, 2024 5:30 pm

We ended up having tortellini in a plain pasta sauce. I didn't like it. Dh ate it, but said afterwards that he prefers them with meat in them. These had cheese. I don't know why we bought them to begin with. Oh, well.... they are gone now. Thankfully it was a small bag.

I'm exhausted. No idea of how many steps today as I haven't been wearing whatever that thing was. I started getting a rash from the strap at some point last year. I went to Costco and Walmart today, plus I took stuff to the end of the driveway to start my day and ended up being the one bringing the compost bin back to the house, then the mail showed up, so I did that trip. On top of all that I've been cleaning up the kitchen and mopping floors.

Lots of windows open and it's really nice outside. I might need to go sit on the patio, (Both my hips are screaming "NO!" :lol: )
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 02, 2024 7:30 pm

LM is there a choir for dd12 ?
I was in a chior at church and then st school too.

Got the vines burned in the fire pit then ...
I have rested have not had energy today.
I did get the bird water containers emptied rinsed and refilled.
Got the flower beds watered as well.

A helicopter was spraying wheat fields in the area and clipped a power line,
the pilot walked away did get taken to the hospital treated for minor injuries.
Power was out in an area near there for a while. I had no loss of power here thankfully.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri May 03, 2024 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”