Exciting Saturday Minutes

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Exciting Saturday Minutes

Postby lucylee » Sat May 04, 2024 6:15 pm

Things aren't too exciting around here. DGS is still talking pretty constantly, but it seems quieter without dh here to keep up his end of the conversation with dgs. And last night something was said that made me ask dgd if she missed dh, and she teared up and said yes... and I started crying... and she reached up to hug me and said, "And I know you miss him too..." and that REALLY did me in...
But. I'm okay. DGD and I talked about how he is "safe," (her words) and not hurting anymore, and he is watching over us.
I don't know if that's theologically sound or not -- to think that our loved ones in Heaven are aware of what is happening here on earth or not -- but it IS a comforting thought, so we hold on to it. I think the fact that we are "surrounded by this great cloud of witnesses" gives some evidence that they know... and the Bible also says there is rejoicing in Heaven when a soul is saved. So... I don't know. I've heard good, trusted preachers on both sides of this debate.

DGD went to a birthday party earlier today, and dgs came over. I took a pretty long nap after he got here, because I was (pleasantly) awakened by a preacher friend returning my phone call from yesterday. He was the preacher who baptized me, and one of the three who spoke at my ddad's funeral. I had seen a sermon of his online and just wanted to sorta touch base with him. He is 84 years old now. When he was at our church, he was in his mid-20s.

I've watered some of the indoor plants, and I am fervently hoping for rain because I do NOT want to go out and water outside plants. OTOH, I do want to keep the hydrangea and gardenia alive. :?

Talked to dmom a couple times today.

Watching the Kentucky Derby, sort of. ;) It's on tv; I'm in and out of that room.
Tomorrow is another day.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat May 04, 2024 7:41 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed the stitching group this morning. I got a LOT done because the entire group was a lot quieter than any other group I am in. Lots of beautiful work being done.

We had cheeseburger macaroni Hamburger Helper with green peas for supper. I have 1 helping of green peas left in the freezer.

Dh was working on 1 of the garden boxes putting up a trellis when I got home. We both had good naps this afternoon.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat May 04, 2024 11:17 pm

Extra laundry today. Cleaning in the kitchen.

With the faucet strainer gone, I used a very small baggie with vinegar inside and slipped it over the faucet secured with a rubber band for a half-hour. With just a bit of scrubbing, then, the threads of the faucet end were clear of scale (calcium deposit, lime?). Rinsed.

Dstepson came and easily screwed on a new faucet strainer after my soaking. It seems to us to have a sleek look, so perhaps that impression tells us the old one really was pretty old.

I was surprised at how much more involved both the old and new one of these are when you look at the inside. I remember when faucet strainers were really nothing more than mesh, but these seem to be rather scientific when you look inside them. Cost a good bit more, too.

Dd44 happened to drop by at the same time the young man was picking dd25 up for their change-of-plan day, so that was a nice visit.

He and dd25 took his truck, which has a covered long-bed, to pick up a small dining set for their house. The table has leaves that can be used if they have guests but is usually just big enough to seat two. Tomorrow they will take it to the house and meet his father there for help with some indoor work on a kitchen cabinet.

Return to “Post When You Can”