Sunday All Around the Village PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sunday All Around the Village PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 05, 2024 9:34 am

All around the village porch lights are on, the day has begun. Plans? Happenings? Please share!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Sunday All Around the Village PWYC

Postby Nancy » Sun May 05, 2024 10:10 am

I am up no plans yes trying to limber up & sinus issue when I first got up.
It is raining now glad for it as we needed that!
I am glad for the outside stuff I got done yesterday.
Inside not so much.
Coffee with a dash of cinnamon creamer & whipped cream from a can to make today special.

I looked over my stuff I did last week and wow I impressed myself.
Made mini pizzas froze most of em.
Baked bread.
Made corn bread treats for doggo.

Removed vine from back fence, pruned rose, burned that.
Weeded three beds in back, front by the house got attn. & weeded the drive way.
Moved leaves and a bit of sod.
Watered & weeded.
Cleaned bird waterers.

So in review I learned that doing rounds & time blocking is working for me yea!

Goals / Seeds are coming down from maple tree so that will need attn.
Rose on side yard is half way in neighbors drove way so I''l be cutting it back when It's done blooming.
----
I am checking in Safe: Earthquake 3.5 in strength Boise Id. is 5-6 hour drive south of us.
Mud. slide 1 Hr. E. of here road closed both ways to Montana.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 05, 2024 11:10 am

Hi!

Pouring rain on and off here. Sounds amazing on our steel roof but I can only hear it when the stereo or tv are off. Dh likes the stereo on loud all the time. Good thing we don't share any walls with others.

No outside work planned today. The Toronto Maple Leafs will be calling their local golf clubs to set up tee times now that their season is over.

We are going to pick up burritos for supper. We will bring them back here to eat. The burrito place is only 10 minutes from here.

Washing machine is going. I need to unload the dishwasher. I spent a while cross stitching before dh woke up this morning.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 05, 2024 11:39 am

Slow morning here … last week I discovered the church I grew up in and the one my mom attended for more than 65 years has their service up for real time viewing. That’s a real treat for me. I was confirmed and later married in this church and every time I went home to visit my mom, we went to their service. Spent many Christmas Eve’s there as well over the years.

When my son was young and came home to NJ with me, I took him to the church to show him where I grew up. It was a week day and it just to happened the priest who married me was working at the alter, and I was able to introduce them to each other. When I was growing up Father Willis was the assistant priest and over the teen age youth group he was young himself so we sort of grew up with each other. It is a very special memory to me.

When my son was born, his father wasn’t interested in having my son baptized. Years later when we were no longer married, my son and I went to visit my friend who lived on the mountain in Chattanooga. She attended the small Episcopal church at the bottom of it… bet Twins knows it well and that Saturday my friend took us there to help clean it. We were all dressed to work.. me in cutoffs and a shirt that was nasty from all the work I was doing

My son and my friends kids were all working as well sweeping and such up by the alter. My so was 8 at the time when he came running to find me to ask if he could be baptized. My friend and I were working with the priest who happened to be a women and my son asked her if she could do this for him

Of course she said yes, so we all stopped what we were doing and stood at the alter… all of us nasty, dirty and sweaty and she baptized my son there on the spot. Not quite the way I had envisioned it in my mind, but the best possible way it could happen. I cherish that moment as well.

Beds striped, laundered and drying. Need to do a quick grocery run and then it’s back home to watch some basketball.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun May 05, 2024 3:33 pm

~~~Waving Hello to all~~~~

RR - I enjoyed reading about your family and church experiences.

My Sunday church attendance has been typical and normal. I only stayed in the nursery for a little while because there were 2 volunteers. The babies reach for me so I have to stay a few minutes to snuggle. IMHO, it is hard to find anything better than a baby reaching out and wanting to snuggle!

Lunch was chicken nuggets in the air fryer. Boring and predictable Sunday noon meal but it keeps happening because it is quick and everyone likes it. I have some frozen Rhodes bread rolls raising. They should be ready to cook in a couple more hours.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun May 05, 2024 4:00 pm

After Lunch CI
I got the strip next to the drive way weeded between shower this morning.
Did not want to mask up so I stayed home from church.
I had left over pea soup for lunch.
We walked & I have all of my steps in for today now yea!
I swept some seeds off the driveway.
Rain showers off and on today here.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun May 05, 2024 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun May 05, 2024 5:46 pm

We went for burritos for supper. Dh loved his. I only struggled through 1/2 of mine. I used to love them. Maybe it was the atmosphere of the place. I don't know. Dh is more than welcome to go back. He has been there a couple of other times and loved it both times.

The rain stopped and it's warm and sunny out, but too windy for a fire. Dirt is getting delivered on Wednesday. We need 2 more tomato cages. One is actually for our peony out front. The other is to complete the tomato garden. I think we have decided not to grow a certain plant that is legal here, but not really legal to grow south of the international border. Maybe in Colorado, but I'm not sure.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun May 05, 2024 5:52 pm

What a quiet day in the village. I showered by myself this a.m., even without splint on my arm. It hurts more when it's not supported but I got a good shower. Dh had a massage this a.m.

I went to the temple with my cards this afternoon and sold, at $8 each, 29 or 30 cards. Quite a successful afternoon, although I am super tired. I'm supposed to donate unspecified amount of proceeds to temple, so will do that too.

I am tired this evening, not surprisingly. Dh went on to bowling tonight. I have a Costco quiche in the oven for my own supper.

Tomorrow I am to be at hospital at noon. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight, only take meds with water in the a.m. Dh will go to work for awhile, thank goodness, and I'm going to write a few HOA checks and two cemetery checks and get that in mail.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun May 05, 2024 7:06 pm

Cathy…34 states have made cannabis legal to smoke…if you have a medical card and 24 states for recreational use …and 16 states allow you to grow your own. Come Nov here in FL we will get to vote to legalize it and it is expected to pass. Biden is planning to declassify cannabis so it’s not in the same classification as heroin and will be considered the same as Tylenol 3 with codeine

If it passes I will buy gummies to see if it will help my migraines.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun May 05, 2024 8:07 pm

Nancy, doing rounds is very helpful for me, too.

Wow, Twins', I didn't realize tomorrow was the day for next surgery. Actually good that it is getting done in a timely manner, though. We'll be thinking of you.

What a positive surprise for you to find a meaningful church experience available, Ramblin'.

Today after dd and the young man left, on this very wet day, I've been somewhat productive. Another broccoli sprouts batch started. The rounds of indoor plant watering underway. Later this afternoon, I did some work in the master bathroom getting that up to snuff, also up to sniffing, lol.

Tiny laundry load of just the bathmat, but it has to be done, too.

HRH and I chatted a while about the changes we envision when we are again empty-nesters. Some small changes to the house could be big helps.

Return to “Post When You Can”