Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 08, 2024 8:27 am

My well-spent Wednesday will be resting and icing. What will you do today so you go to sleep tonight on a well spent Wednesday?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Well-Spent Wednesday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Wed May 08, 2024 8:32 am

Thank you for starting us off this morning Twins' Mom! Get as much rest as you can. It helps to heal.

We are getting 5 "yards" of garden soil at some point today. I have moved my car closer to the house. There will be a neighbour coming over at some point to move the dirt from the far end of the driveway to the garden boxes at the back of the garage.

Supper tonight will be leftover spaghetti from last night.

It's an absolutely gorgeous day here today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 am

Good morning

We enjoyed a good long chat with DS51 and got caught up on his doings. My momma's heart was filled with joy when I heard his job situation changed for the better. The Grandkids are stay busy involved in several activities and doing good, DDIL is being herself which means doing the impossible. Their horse business is booming. They have 2 new dogs which weren't planned but have become a part of their family and go everywhere with DDIL. The dogs were dumped near their farm and showed up at the barn starved and flea covered. Those dumped dogs didn't realize it at the time, but they hit the jackpot.

I leave in an hour for the dreaded road trip and periodontal surgery. On the positive side I should be home and in my recliner by 4pm. It is a short term pain so I am just gonna grit my teeth and get through it. It will be okay.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 08, 2024 10:45 am

Harriet for my yt Channel Idea factory messaged you a link.

Keep scrolling down a ways look for a round pic of a gal by chicken coops nest boxes that is me! and the one your are looking for.
Iris was the last one I put up might help.

I'm up have done my a m stuff.
De cluttered jars out to the sheds.

Link
https://www.youtube.com/@nancys.100

-----
I need to get in gear with bfast s2s ... etc.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 08, 2024 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 08, 2024 10:57 am

It's a dmil visit today, so a little suspicious spiffing around the house, lol.

Also, her dbrother, who needs help getting in and out of the house.

This sat here awhile

Never mind, :(
she decided that since it was going to be bad weather today (? hadn't seen any report like that), she wasn't coming. She called Uncle at 7:00 a.m. to tell him but didn't tell us until 10:15, because she didn't know what time we got up. (another ? )

In actuality, dd25 leaves for work before 8, and the house is buzzing with activity while she's getting ready. Today both dd44 (who is away with DangerBoy at EOG) and HRH had deliveries that required my help. I even drove out - on this beautiful day - trying to find the delivery of dd's package, left in the wrong mailbox, and took it to WonderBoy at their house.

And, of course, we were spiffing the house, too. HRH was moving any item that might hamper Uncle's walker/seat. His delivery was a bunch of trouble, late, etc., and he was worried a truck would be in the way as his mother tried to get into the driveway.

HRH is disappointed. Sigh. Also, very disappointed that she's now questioning whether she is coming to the wedding... .. gasp I honestly don't know how to tell dd that she said that.

There is a storm watch over 22 counties, we see now. But our own weather is textbook calmness, with winds up to 7 mph and no rain. Can't argue this, though.

Sitting here with peach soy yogurt for the silliest breakfast. lol Best laid plans. Need to regroup and find a plan B.

Twins', thinking of you and thank you for opening us up today. Your body is busy with healing, well-spent for sure.

Oh, thanks, Nancy, I will check it out!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 08, 2024 11:09 am

Loved that, Nancy! Watched a bunch and will go back. Must admit, favorites are those with your sweet doggo - shiny coat. Felt I already "knew" your iris, but the yellow roses are a lovely color. My goodness, you have a healthy stand of grass in the back yard. Absolutely lush. Here with this very old lawn, I have some areas that are the opposite of that - dry, tree-shaded. This girl is on fiiirrre, lol, so funny.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 08, 2024 11:58 am

Need to regroup and find a plan B.

I am also regrouping and thinking though my day.

Doctor office called and asked if there was any way I could reschedule. Today's appointment and followup appointments were moved a week later. So the hours of my day are suddenly free.

DD12 called in a mild panic. She had a monthly situation. I quickly selected clothes/underwear and took them to DD12 at school. I brought her dirty clothes home and have them soaking. I am suddenly double thankful that my appointment didn't happen today. If I wasn't here then DH would have done this. It would have mortified them both. I don't think DD12 would discuss her monthly situation with DH so she would have been in a predicament. I don't think DH has ever been in DD12 bedroom much less know where her clean clothes are kept. It was all handled easily since I was here and available.

i need to rethink my food plan for today. I ate my hardest to chew food this morning because I expected to only be doing soft foods/liquid for a couple days. Hum....
1. Know what you want.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed May 08, 2024 1:49 pm

LM I have had to run cloth to school for Dgd, keeping a spare set at the ready was our solution.

Thanks Harriet.
I have been to the store forgot to pick up one Rx oh well I need to use the other rig and can do that later in the week.
Restocked shelves here got some for the p o food bank drive. So I'll need to bag that up in a bit but pick up is not till Sat.
A jar of salsa fell out on the floor at the store dang.
I looked at plants ended up getting lavender seeds and a white smallish planter with a black butterfly on it.

Got good input on a phone the size I like I phone s/e hoping to find the color I want.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed May 08, 2024 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed May 08, 2024 1:59 pm

I made a quick trip to only near store - Dollar general. I was hoping to find a suitable bowl to hold my daily salad. What dishes I have on hand aren't working well. I think I found the correct size container. I am going to use it a couple days to make sure the size is what I need then I will order a lock & lock type container in that size. The DG container lid doesn't stay on and there is no way I would trust it to be transported without dumping everything out.

Today harvest from garden = asparagus, strawberries, pak choi, radish, onions, and beets. There is a bell pepper that looks ready (it is big as my fist) but I am going to let it stay on the plant for another couple of days. I have 2 store bought bell peppers that need to be used before I switch to home grown peppers.
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed May 08, 2024 3:44 pm

Quiet day here. I feel restless about possible severe storms tonight but I'm also bored. I'm tired enough that I've had two short naps.

Milly just had another walk w neighbor teen.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”