July-August Declutter, Escape to Indoors 2018

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harmony

Re: July-August Declutter, Escape to Indoors 2018

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:41 pm

I threw away the 2 old picture frames and backing and glass.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:19 pm

Loaded the trailer for stuff to go to the dump trailer is full.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:12 pm

My big organization push is continuing. Paid dstepson also, to go buy the lumber to build some utility storage shelves. He won't take anything for building them. Lots of organization so far, using the shelves more efficiently. Tossed an old humidifier. Goodwill box is getting full.

HRH wants to build a single 6-foot shelf in the kitchen but I am resisting. I am thinking small cabinetry would be better. Thinking. I know that would send the cost higher. Plus, I would want it to match other paint rather than just be white, as a shelf could be.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 am

Good job, everyone!

My decluttering check in:
8-10 hours of work spread over Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and today, all in the tiny room that started out to be my sewing & craft studio but over the years has morphed into storage. It has been just too hot this week to stay in that room working for more than an hour at a time. I have to schedule the work carefully around other activities, too, since I am literally a hot mess after a session and not fit to be seen in public.

I started out listing lots of details but meh, who cares. The short version is that I've been successful getting stuff out of that room by donating, recycling, and trashing.

A large bag is getting more and more full of fabrics and supplies to take to my sewing group's freebie table next month. I'll be moving that to the trunk of my car soon to get it out of my way in the room.

I've emptied several boxes of sewing & craft supplies easily by combining similar items into containers from recent sorting efforts, and the same with the fabrics that I am keeping for now. I have specific projects planned for the next few years (some for charity, some for myself) and I'm keeping fabrics that will work for those projects. This is the first pass through the stuff. As I actually start working the projects, I'll get another chance to dump unneeded supplies.

In the meantime, I'm throwing out bags and bags of fabric scraps. They were stashed in boxes during periods when I didn't have time to sort out the useful from the not useful. I'm happy to let most of them go now.

Obviously, the more space I clear in that storage area, the easier it is to move and work in there, and thus the decluttering goes faster. Hooray for progress! :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:40 am

H got the wobbly bench dismantled and out of here yea, plus a bag of things went today.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”