April 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: April 2021 Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:42 pm

an oh my moment: dh pulled my bow and arrows out of the garbage because he thought I should ask my brother. I had and he didn't know anyone who could use it. I wish he wouldn't pull out things that are mine that I donate or toss but the long of the short of it is that the bow and arrows are now in the trash again.

lol I know why people use black garbage bags so that their loved ones don't see what they are donating. :lol:
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:43 pm

I keep my bin in my clothes closet and take that to donate place. I don't think DH even knows it's in there. I've had him take things out of the trash or recycling. Sometimes I just stuff them down underneath something. I never do that with HIS stuff, it's always Mine.

I'm reading another decluttering book. Motivating. I am mindful that I keep weeding out but really never seem to make a lot of progress. Things are better now that I've done those projects sitting around, but I'm trying to have everything look neat and easy to clean...and there is still a lot to pick up when I clean. I don't know how to avoid that. I'm not stuffed full because I have a lot of storage...but ever notice how the stuff multiplies to fill all available spaces, no matter how many spaces you have?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:40 pm

My dh does things like that as well, bw2 and Harmony. If there's something I think he might question I try to put it in the bottom of the box so it's not so apparent, like Harmony.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:20 am

I hear you d harmony! I wake up in the morning and am surprised - my brain at night "thinks" that things are put away and alright lol. I wake up and it's like someone puts glasses back on me. it is amazing how it multiplies. My theory is that the things in the drawers and closets get jealous that the other things get to be out and jump out when I and my family are sleeping.

My sweet dh seems to have a need to see what is in the bottom of the box or bag etc. As I get older (lol) I get frustrated with him questioning if I check with other about my own stuff. Years ago it would have annoyed me but now I laugh that he has become so nosey re: everything around.

this week I am letting my d grandmothers pot go - it is a le crueset pot that I loved for years (from 1937) I had it checked at the company. all the enamel on the bottom is gone - I have had it on top of our freezer but it's time to let it go. My dd younger would use it but I already bought her (her own) of these items (in my grandma's color). I will have to put it in a black bag and then toss it in the garbage.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:39 pm

dstepson allowed us to put a broken chair into his "skif" at construction site. He says there might be a few other things we can use it for, but he must be careful not to abuse the privilege, of course.

My next declutter is to deal with the storage boxes that are WITH Christmas at top of closet but are NOT Christmas. I suspect tossing is possible there. Those boxes were never satisfactory for clothing, for instance.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:28 pm

I moved the outside rug that was on the back patio to the front porch seating area in the corner and cleaned that area up some. No use in trying to wipe down all the pollen until we're through pollen season. A local news article said our peak pollen season extend until the middle of April most years, so we should be getting to the other side. I can't get to the bins with spring pillows right now because there's so much from the back patio in the garage anyway.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:11 pm

I was delighted when I got stuff out of the shed and small shop seeing the space I had freed up with my decluttering adventures last summer yea!
Some times it is good to stop and take stock and see the progress. Like in the basement this winter as well emptied out a dresser
In the rec. Room and sewing zone is free of some clutter as well as the paint room.

I put some more branches in the trash to go out this week.
Way to go on all ypur progress everyone.
I love this way to rethink space " We do not need a dedicated dining room ...." cannot find who said that.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:11 am

hello dear ones!!!

d Nancy! yay on working since last summer, taking time and then freeing more space!

yay on moving the outside rug d twins and cleaning up the area! you will get to the garage to get the patio stuff. yay on your work

yay on getting rid of the broken chair d harriet! I love when there is suspected clutter to get rid of - the excitement of the adventure.

yay everyone

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:20 am

dd younger said I could get rid of her drums - a huge yay!!!!k I put it on fb market place and had 45 individuals interested in it. GONE.

my grandmothers le Creuset pot is now in the garbage -
I kept it thinking I could still use it and had lovely memories of this dear woman. I have her apron/housedress that I have hanging in my closet - I see it as soon as I go in there. (I also have her French bible and watch)

I am working slowly on getting rid of things that my d mom bought and thought I should keep. I didn't like it and still kept it. I am going to ask the girls what they think is keepsakes (memories) to them. This way I can really see what needs to go.

I keep on trying to see if I moved right now to a 2 bedroom small home - what would I take. What if I was in one room. What is important to me. It's much smaller than I used to think.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:24 pm

after 8 years I have finally pulled my mom's watt's ware out of the basement closet - I am keeping some for a buffet but the rest will be put up on fb marketplace for free - I know that some pieces are worth a lot of money but I have to see it as - Do I want to deal with selling and shipping things?! NO. donation done!!!!! 7 - 8 years of holding it is at the end. - it is now in their hands to sell - I hope they get a lot of money for it!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”