August 2021, Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

August 2021, Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby Harriet » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm

What are your plans for August as you sort and tidy toward a decluttered home? :idea: How are you going to keep your efficiency and concentration going strong, the way you recognize them in yourself? Let us know your successes and stumbles - we're here cheering for you!

Harmony

Re: August 2021, Sort, Tidy, Declutter!

Postby Harmony » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:50 pm

Not much happening around here. I have just a couple things in the donate bin. Recommending my latest library book: The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning by Margareta Magnusson. Lovely book, not too technical but humorous to read. She details the 3 times she cleaned out, for relatives and once when she downsized to a small apartment when her husband died. Nice ideas in there but nothing like a how-to manual. Anyone having trouble letting go of things would still enjoy reading this. Has anyone else read this one?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:22 am

I had been collecting various notebooks and journals so I have not used them so put the ones that could be used for school supplies in the pile, and donated them. Now I have more room and got stuff picked up and put away.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:47 pm

waving hello! cheering you all on!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:10 pm

Waving at everyone with you, blessed!

Progress here: kitchen and half-bath are decluttered and ready for house beautiful. ;) Little touches of decor around. HRH's office is all set up and lightly decorated by him. Den is nearly decluttered but in such a state of flux and traffic it's hard to keep it so. Second bedroom (guest? HRH's when he needs to move around at night?) is pretty neat with new linens purchased.

LR - still in boxes. My sewing/office - still in boxes.
Master bath quite usable but not at all organized.
Mud room close.

Recycling cans have been so full that dd41 and I can't get everything in there. If she gets ahead of me, I have to decide whether to hold off or just put some recyclables into trash. Sigh. We did take off another load in the big pickup truck with DangerBoy to help.

Another pickup load of furniture for donation. HRH and I were a little sad to see some go, but some were truly unneccessary for us. Good will tells me that our location does not accept wheeled furniture, btw, such as office chairs. I found that interesting.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:15 pm

Dropped off donations.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”