April Declutter Strategy, 2024

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

April Declutter Strategy, 2024

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:11 pm

It's the quarter-point of the year!

One-fourth of 2024 is past. You're the judge. :ugeek: What is your verdict on your clutter control last quarter? '

Are you where you hoped to be? Would you like to brag a little, because we are all ears! :D

What is the plan over the next month? What are the tools you'll need?

Here are a few ideas - what are yours?

:idea: Do you need to start over with a clipboard?
:idea: Go around and make a to-do card for individual box/pile/stash/stacks?
:idea: Delegate to family members?
:idea: Plan a marathon session?
:idea: Start recording pounds or square feet redeemed?
:idea: Move your decluttering time up to earlier morning?

Harriet

Re: April Declutter Strategy, 2024

Postby Harriet » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:29 pm

Around here, we could point to a lot of those choices being in play. Definitely delegating because dd25 is point person on her move, and on when and how much she can take away to the new house. She and the young man are also removing things from other spaces, though - storage building and an enclosed trailer.

I have a feeling a marathon is in my house's future, because that is how HRH works. For me, a very good idea to go back to cards for all the stacks/boxes, yes. And the clipboard restart? Hmmm... .. might be helpful.

We will be making so many changes as dd leaves. A few new purchases we already know, and repurposing rooms again. HRH's office will be released from cramped conditions. The mud room will feel larger, too. HRH has high hopes for the kitchen, but I don't know that those will turn out to hold as much improvement as he expects. He is determined to make the back porch a clear, neat space again. Hopeful, hopeful.

I'm glad we took her back in for these months, because starting another rent time period for only months would have been a real pain. And it's been great to have her. But this is a very good thing to give her a big kiss goodbye upon her wedding and become empty nesters!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: April Declutter Strategy, 2024

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 am

I noticed the shew was empty the other day I gave away the items to declutter this month.
Yea!
dd wanted the one bag of a string of lites I kept back just in case she might want em. yep.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”