January's Dynamic Declutter

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
bittersweet

Re: January's Dynamic Declutter

Postby bittersweet » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:13 am

Oh believe me, jillybean and Dee, I only WISH that was DS's stuff down there!! It's all my/our stuff, mostly crafting/Christmas stuff, to be honest..so it's MY responsibility to go through it.

Today I'll finish putting together the table down there, move the wooden shelves over near the window, and move all the crafting paints onto them.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

jillybean

Postby jillybean » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Wow! You have earned your name DeeClutter, with all the stuff you've let go. That is truly awesome. We've done a great deal of that this past year, after dd#1 got inspired to live more simply. She's a wonderful help to me when I start questioning whether I should let something go. Some might call her ruthless, lol. But she's right. It's just stuff and you can't take it with you. And I don't want stuff to stand in the way of the wonderful feeling I get when my home looks lovely and I can find things. And entertaining is a pleasure, not a cause to stay up all night stashing and dashing! I won't say I'm completely there, but I've made a lot of progress. It's very freeing to live more simply.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Checking in to note 1st Tall Kitchen Trash Bag of 2010 taken from my parents' house for DONATION. Those are harder to fill than the ones for trash - I try not to pretend to myself that items are worthwhile unless I can really see some value. The donation places don't need extra work, they need items that will help.

One more of the large boxes tackled. It is disappeared from the dining area, but some of the things in it were keepers so they did go to shelves in the spare room. But that's what's supposed to happen - this is a declutter, not a purge. Countdown: now 11 big boxes to go in dining, 13 overall.

So that basement area will become an art/craft space, bittersweet? That will be terrific. I think of you when I read or hear about shelters, and think of how you provide soft mats for the animals.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:28 am

I actually got down in the basement today to put the table together. Then I had to move some things around to make room for it (and to actually get it to where it was supposed to be). The shelves got moved, I went through a bunch of wrapping stuff, and tossed out a bag of assorted trash. Not a lot.. but it's a start! The rest of the day was taken up with monsterboy.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:43 am

I've done 2 days of round robin declutter. I'm finding it as east to do 10 (at least) items headed in the one direction from each of my target rooms. Thats 40plus each day.
I am getting to see the top of my dresser again. Found an ancient baby- toddler pattern book. I think I need gift that somewhere. I'm still thinking on that. Might write name on the file/wallet or put it in clear plastic folder if it fits.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Smile*Lee

Postby Smile*Lee » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:40 pm

Declutterments
-- :!: kitchen counters
-- :!: sunroom
-- :!: snack cupboard
:: Time & Space for My Dreams :: Slow & Steady for a Lifetime! ::

Motivated1

Postby Motivated1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:41 am

I just had a relative move to Illinois. She wants me to come out and visit in the spring. Can I stop by your place Smile? :D

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:54 am

Way to go everyone!
I've rounded up some donations that are slated to leave the place
and have it upstairs now! Yea for the first step of progress!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:33 pm

1 more TKGBag from my parents', this time for trash. Lots of organizational work to go along with that.

I know some may think it's not possible to have this much leave and still have a sorta depressing amount left to deal with. But it is true. I believe my parents might qualify as what Hoarder's recent episode called an "atypical" hoarder (they were talking about the beekeeper, if anyone is watching those). They do not shop much or have a desire for acquiring things. Their thinking has just been forever stuck in the depression era.

Today I found a little treasure - a very old handwritten letter from our church's beloved missionary to her cousins who were friends of my grandmother. Unfortunately, the envelope was not with it, so no postmark or foreign stamps.

Very happy for you on successful Round Robins, Lynlee.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:51 pm

I got some clothes and couple other things loaded to go
in the car trunk and dumped the kitchen trash today.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”