November Dynamic Declutter

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harmony

Re: November Dynamic Declutter

Postby Harmony » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:10 pm

While I was shopping today at extreme other end of our county I gave the last bag of my donates. I'm not afraid my friend would go way down there to find her stuff. Nice to have it out of the car.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:27 pm

great job dnancy
I also like that you put the trash in a bag to go out right away! good thinking.

wonderful dharmony great job donating things that no longer work for you.

what a nice way to bless a family dtwins. I know from when we did the Katrina collection and our yearly family donation the one thing that gets requested over and over is sheets and blankets. great job.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:28 pm

I still have a copy of the first book (not the original mind you, that I donated to a friend) but this book is pieces but I can't get rid of it. it makes me smile.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:22 am

my purpose for following dharriets decluttering.. making room for my family and myself. To be happy and to do the things I want to do rather then moving stuff and trying to clean around stuff (too much work). I still have to remind myself when I shop and on donation day. today is donation day.! :D I have some things I have been eyeing to donate

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:47 pm

I gave away a couple of hats and put most of the rest of them away.
Yarn is mostly out of the living room now too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:35 am

that is big dnancy. (yarn almost out of living room) and great job donating.

ta dah for dd15. dd21 offered her one of her purses and dd15 said no as she had so many already from her. now that is an allehluia.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Great decluttering successes in our thread!!

Something I did here - I reorganized my 2 small stationary/card cabinets (general and Christmas). I combined all like-items and was able to toss several boxes. I labeled the remaining card boxes on their ends with just the sticky part of post-it "super sticky" notes, cut off. I wrote with Sharpie. For the ones with clear tops I put the label onto the end of the bottom of the box and it's covered by the clear. Now I just open the door and can easily see all the categories at one glance: "Postcards", "Leaf Print Notes", "Thank you", "Get Well", etc.

This is so much better than before, when I was thinking I "shouldn't" separate the cards from the boxes/packaging they came in - how silly, it was taking up space and confusing me. I had also bought some items that I really didn't need because I misunderstood how many of that type I had.

One thing that this does not answer: I've found a whole new batch of my dmom's stationary/cards and I'll need to work those in sometime, or distribute between children. Sigh! If I just have too much I'll need to decide to donate some.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:39 am

I have some plastic containers to put in storage down stairs the were taking up space in the kitchen from back in the days I did up baked goods. They can be used for other things now if not they will go in the next round of de-cluttering I'm thinking maybe using them for craft supplies.

Okay got those down stairs and spiffed up the table!
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dove

Postby Dove » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:42 pm

Over the summer dh went through his coats & jackets & put them in bags for donation. We decided it would be best to wait for cooler weather to donate them, & promptly forgot all about it until we found the bags near the Christmas decorations over the weekend. Dh dropped them off at the Senior Center -- so glad they will get some use this season. Also glad they are no longer cluttering up our attic :) .

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:17 pm

I have a "thing" for keeping old cardboard boxes. Small gift boxes are fine for wrapping Christmas / birthday presents, and I used a bunch up this season.

But I'd considered keeping a huge one we'd just gotten, but it did not have a really good reusable lid, so today I sliced it all up, along with 2 others and out it all went with the recycling.

DH got rid of some building supplies too. Each week he calls in to a radio program that allows people to call in and sell / donate items and give their phone numbers. Almost every week he tries to get rid of something. This is the first time its been successful, but we can only keep trying!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”