December Dynamic Declutter

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: December Dynamic Declutter

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:39 am

something I learned over time: nothing has to be perfect. I was a disorganized perfectionist all my life.. I wanted it to be perfect and would have so many things I was doing at once. one project after another filling my home in order to show that I was always busy but never finished anything. Glad I found Pam and Peggy and all of the wonderful She's here.

This time of year helps remind me to pair down to one project at a time. if I have too many pots on the fire (projects) I don't have time for what's really important... family. I remember a woman who I admired her list was God first (not the volunteering part of the church but really God first), then family, friends and helping others. As this year comes to and end I know the clutter just keeps you stressed and busy with things that aren't important.

my favorite statement this month from our dharriet: "Nobody ever said, “When I grow up I want my home to look like a garage. I want clutter all over the place, the more the merrier.”
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:35 pm

I've put my de-cluttering on pause until after the holidays.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Sometimes decluttering is a juggling act between family members and ourselves, don't you think? I would so like to get rid of the big white tree we used to put up. I am so pleased with my little tree now that I don't think I'll ever want to do that big one again. But I don't think he is ready to let go. I found someone who wants and will use our older pots & pans. They will work well with her stove as hers isn't a flat top one. So, soon they will leave here. DH was happy to hear about that and is now ready to let them go, too.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 am

I have a small tree that now longer has lights for it.
I'm using the white one both fit on a table and are not really big enough to go on the floor.
I am considering de-cluttering the green one.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”