December Dynamic Declutter

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

December Dynamic Declutter

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:57 am

Hi, do you have 15 minutes? :) Well, welcome, and we hope you'll join us!

Here in this thread we encourage each other to give 15 minutes a day (or the equivalent on other schedules) to the wholesome art of decluttering!

Nobody ever said, “When I grow up I want my home to look like a garage. I want clutter all over the place, the more the merrier.”

I kept promising myself I would fix up my home, clear away my clutter, buy new things. I started a decorating fund and was successful in saving my money, but I still lived in dismal chaos. My heart sank when I shopped for furniture and home accessories. I didn’t buy anything because I knew that even the most beautiful vase in the world would look shabby amidst my mess. I got rid of my clutter, I got organized, and I finally created the home of my dreams.

Now, the first thing I do every morning is take a good look at my home. I enjoy the spaciousness, the furnishings, the decorations, the colors, and most important of all, the visual reminders that I kept my promise to myself. - writer Rebecca Sue Rivers

We're very close to the end of 2010, so next month's thread will be about assessing how far we've come and planning 2011's clutter attack. So be thinking about how you want to end the Dynamic Decluttering Year of 2010!

Harriet

Re: December Dynamic Declutter

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:50 am

:idea: Focus Cleaners will be on "finish-up week" next week Dec 6 through 11, so if there is an area that you'd like to "finish up" then, why not clear it of clutter THIS WEEK in order to join them efficiently? ;) (so clever of you)

Thoughts about 2011 plans:
Sometimes big marathon declutter sessions are the best solution for your home. Let us know and we will cheer you on, because we all need them sometimes. But if you'd rather rotate through your home a portion at a time, here's a thought. A clearing-before-cleaning ROTATION is a decluttering method that works well for the areas of your home that are on maintenance (meaning they don't actually have to be "dug out" first ;) ). It goes along with the 15 Minutes a Day philosophy. Some of us here use it by "piggy-backing" on the Focus Cleaner's rotation schedule through the house, decluttering in the scheduled room the week before. You can find the Focus Cleaners schedule threads posted in Organization and Simplification forum, and we'll chat about it here, too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:15 am

dharriet I love the quote: "when I grow up I want my home to look like a garage" so telling and so true.
It makes you think
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:27 pm

I was looking around the living room all the books, toys, puppets and I thought
" all I need is a tree up we have all the "stuff" that goes under is already!" LOL
:mrgreen:

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:38 pm

clutter is my middle name this month... I can't stand it! ;)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Okay, last month when we got the new bed with the smaller mattress, I left the mattress pad upstairs in the playroom - today it went into the trash. It had been washed and washed to the point it had splits in the cover and it wouldn't have served anyone else. A tiny bit of progress!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:38 pm

dgson and dh picked up the living room last night wow what a difference!
Gave a coat to a neighbor it did not fit me any more.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:38 pm

I have 3 boxes ready for dniece#3 on things she wanted. I also have a bag with some other things and some hangers with tablecloths for her dining room table and folding tables. Slowly it is leaving.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Yes.. yes yes wonderful work decluttering being done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:13 pm

this week I took the remainder of Christmas paper and bags not used to the donation place and christmas items I no longer use.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”