Breeze through each room March, 2011

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

Breeze through each room March, 2011

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:24 pm

March comes in like a lion, winds blowing. Take a cue from the weather and make sure each area in your home gets its breeze of your declutter attention.

Round Robins through the house are a fun break from intense declutter in one area. Pick a different room each day for a while and go through the house systematically. Write down notes on the areas you want to offer more time in the future.

Another way to be sure each room is remembered is to join those here who are decluttering one week ahead of Focus Cleaning. Check out Indiana's Focus threads in the Organization and Simplification forum. 

bittersweet

Re: Breeze through each room March, 2011

Postby bittersweet » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:40 pm

March will definitely coming in like a lion here - overnight temps are expected to be -32C with a windchill of -36C! BRRRRRR!!!!

I know that my basement is the area of my house that needs the most attention. Every room could benefit, of course...but the basement..well..it looks like something out of an episode of Hoarders :(

It will improve somewhat when DD comes to finally pick up her stuff from when DGS was little - the crib, high chair, stroller, and a bunch of assorted stuff in tubs.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:12 am

Yesterday morning, I dropped off a box and a bag of stuff at Goodwill! Tonight, after work, I'm going to spend 15 minutes in my bedroom - there's a lot of stuff on the closet shelf that needs to be gone through!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:07 pm

We have wind warnings in effect until four p.m. today but it's calm and sunny at the moment. 8-) yea I've been making some progress here feels great! Love that.

I have one stack of things in the car trunk, and a box I'm working on filling up it about to go
knick nacks I now longer want to dust. Wine globlets we don't drink ... I won't miss these
papers to go in the fire pit, H. said he would do salmon today so that was a great motivator for me to keep going. Trying not to be overwhelmed by de-cluttering a life time of mementos and stuff here. I've been good about keeping stuff going out but still . . . sigh but breaking it down in to smaller goals does really help!

Trying to get a section done before half day of school being out dgson will be here in a bit.
I got a couple of decorative boats he wanted to play with before he can have them now to either take home or go in the play house. Dgd's one toy went back home with her we could not seem to find a place for it here.

I started with a plan and journaled about what I want to do for today's de-cluttering goals. That was very helpful in gearing up for it. Wishing I would have done some yesterday while it was raining.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:41 pm

Dd took the box I filled she said she could use the wine goblets and would go through it and donate the rest. {It was a rather large box.}

I'm trying to de-clutter one thing on the walls in each room this week.
I empties out a few note books and sorted some of the kids books and added that to the
stuff to go also.

I have a couple more things to add to the items in the car trunk today when I go out side.
Bit by bit I'm inching along with some progress here.

I have decided that even one thing each time I'm in a room is progress! Yea!

Rice bags the grand kids were using as weapons are gone now too.
I'm starting to feel more productive thanks for the mojo and sharing while I plan my strategy.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:12 pm

good going with steady declutter Nancy

I'm trying to keep up with everyday things, and do something extra one bit at a time. it helps my attitude as well as the house.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:31 am

Thanks Lynl. we took delivered the donations yesterday.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:18 pm

After we were able donate the load of stuff in the car trunk this weekend I'm working on another load and have been making great progress on it this week already. I cut down on the amoung of stuff on the walls again and moved a few things around and I love the way it looks now! I had four small matching mirrors in the bathroom and cut that down to two.
Yea for progress.

I have been decluttering to much decor items I've had on the walls around here. I have four or five bulletin boards up! Oh my goodness I can't believe it. So I'm down to one now.

Went through some decorative plates hanging on the walls.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:13 am

Right now in Focus rotation we would be decluttering the porch and entry and I don't have as much to do there, so I can give extra time to NEXT week's declutter of bedroom(s). There is never an end to the need there. I have enough for another bag for Goodwill now, but still have the last bag in the trunk because we haven't gotten by there. There are more convenient nearer drop-offs, but they say "clothing only" and usually I have variety. I don't want to cause more work for the volunteers who have to sort.

Good job, bittersweet and Nancy, on getting your donations out there to charities. bittersweet, I hope the basement frees up into more usable space.

It does help attitude, doesn't it, Lynlee? I think it's because we gain control. Like Nancy says, it gives us "mojo". :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:22 am

Last weekend hurt my back and retrieved the rice bags out of the trunk!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”