Brief Showers of Attention April, 2011

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Indiana

Re: Brief Showers of Attention, April, 2011

Postby Indiana » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:13 pm

Dove I still have the basement and garage. My not so dear nephew#2 trashed my basement looking for something. He didn't put anything back and moved things from one area of the basement to another. I'm trying to find something for someone and it is slow going.

I'm surprised I have thrown very little away. But I shouldn't be surprised because I declutter each area every 3 months.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:40 pm

A success today with a large inherited cardboard boxfull of scarves, gloves, etc. from my dear aunt. She had saved every gift box. Minimized, organized, combined and now storing ALL in one shoe-box size plastic container, tossing all cardboard, tissue paper, etc. excepting one rather gorgeous tie-size gift box I will reuse. Because the remaining container fits neatly into a space in a bureau drawer, I am claiming... ... drum roll, please... ...

2 square feet of space freed!

Also I'm happy that none of the fabric is resting against wood products any more. Plastic is not the best, either, since it doesn't breathe, but protects against pests and age-staining.

Indiana, it'll turn up someday. You have been amazing getting your move accomplished with so much sensible decluttering.

Dove, gee you have a phase 1 completion! Some little kitty will be helped by the donations to the shelter.

Oh, I continue to work on the quilt studio. I keep realizing I need to switch containers for this or that. The two bookcases out there are now filled, mostly with well-labeled containers. There is one more bookcase that needs to go out and dstepson says he can come by tomorrow, so I'm thinking my best use of time right now would be to clear that off even if each thing doesn't have a place yet. I also need him to put an outlet strip into a wall socket for me, leading toward the sewing machine, not because I need the outlets but because that one will be inaccessible.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:31 am

Yea for freed up space!

I noticed that dd's baking stone pan was broke so I gave her one I was not using.
And left a plastic container for the ham that I'd been trying to de-clutter!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”