Moving

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Moving

Postby Nancy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:01 am

I think the book case fits so much better in the dining room where the rolling cart for sorting was has changed places and is now in my creativity room. Kitchen is better now. Maybe I can keep the smallest cupcake pan to make six at a time the trailer does have an oven.

Missing the small dishes dd has now. oh well moving on.
Today just cleaning the main house area and rest, bbq focus.
We have totes I've kept that are coming in handy for temp. storage of things that need to be destroyed old journals papers and such.

Trying to see if I have a plan for next week.
I can just continue on the rooms I've started on finish up there this will take a while.
Then our bedroom - clothes not so much of a prob. as I've been going through those all along and have the suit cases that have wheels for seasonal clothes.

Table in the basement is cleared off once again.
I moved the dresser on wheels and have moved it out of the storage zone so it looks less
crowded in there now.

Linen closet is going on the list.

Bathrooms I've been going through those all along so not so much in them either.

We talked over dinner and the ruffled feathers have been smoothed over so that is good news. Still hoping we don't have to down size but even if we do not this needed to happen and will save our kids from having to do it.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Can you ask dd if you can trade larger dishes for your old smaller dishes that she has now?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:56 am

Don't need any more dishes!
Glad dd could use those.

The Christmas ones will be going next.

We used the china for the BBQ yesterday as I was in the dish washing mode and they were up stairs and handy look nice in the china hutch for now. They can not be used in the microwave.
Mom gave 'em to me they were my sister's, can't really get rid of 'em. Sigh! But at least now I can say that we have actually used them. Dkids do the fall winter holidays now so I guess we get the summer one[s].

I did 15 min. in my creativity room this morning, and sorted out a few more things.
Progress is a bit slower this week, heading out to the camper later on to work there.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:05 am

Cheering you on from this corner of our little village. You are doing a great job. I think I could do this with not too much problem. DH, on the other hand... we think and talk about downsizing one day, and all we can hope is that real estate market recovers enough that we will be able to sell here as we will need the money. And hope we have enough energy for 1 more house or duplex, this time a small one.

I realize it is harder to do this downsizing when one is forced to do it than when it is part of one's life plan. I guess the trick is to remember what is important in life; time, health, family, not stuff.

I had a coworker once who lived on their sailboat for years (minimal storage) and he finally moved into a house for his son, but hated to give up the way of life they'd developed, biking to grocery, walking to things, etc. Me, I'd like to be less tied down with work, etc., so I could travel around some. (Hugs).

Return to “The Decluttered Home”