Rebel and Liberate July

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harmony

Re: Rebel and Liberate July

Postby Harmony » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 pm

Harriet, what kid wants to go away to a boarding school? Says a lot about his circumstances there at home, doesn't it? My thought was years later they could probably do a program of that same woman with the son coming back with all his resentment & baggage for the way he had to grow up. Like many of the shows we see. Such disfunction in families.

I once heard a radio psychologist say to a caller who had a hoarder mother that she needed to have the mother committed somewhere, with her as legal guardian, to take care of her since obviously the mother couldn't care for herself adequately. That dr. gave no bones about how serious the mental issue is and what needed to be done. I often think these people are too coddled, trying to get them to do what's necessary. Only rarely have I seen people latch on to this help and gratefully comply.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Rebel and Liberate July

Postby Nancy » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 pm

I've rounded up two books and one cooking platter in the box to de-clutter in the next trip to town yea for progress even bit by bit. I remember that fly lady said in her sink reflections book that she de-cluttered a room three items at a time.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”