Cool the Hot Spots August, 2011

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Cool the Hot Spots August, 2011

Postby Nancy » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:52 am

Slowly working on the creativity room now and it's improving but needs more work.
Carport was the last zone we did and it's looking great!
Small shop is next on the list I tossed a few things in there so we could at least see what was in it now so that helped a lot!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Tomorrow AM we are off to get rid of all the old rotted landscape timbers from the other house. I must go with DH and be the driver. This is our county free place where only personal stuff may be dropped off. They put your drivers license in the computer and keep track. We are allowed to only go 25 times per year and we think perhaps DH has reached his limit already. He drops stuff off for other people, but since he is the driver, it is on his license.

One big garbage can of aluminum and 2 5-gallon buckets of brass and steel went to the metal recycling place today. Made a whole bunch of space for us in the shop!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:15 am

Used the timer for a start in the master bedroom yesterday. Just 20 minutes, and I went generally to things that were bugging me most. I think I'll change that up and zero in on areas for the rest of the week instead. If it seems possible, I'll try to go around the room in some kind of order. Dd is still dealing with some health/writing/family books in her room that I need to pull in to my bedroom.

Harmony, can dh ask them how many times he has been on record this year? It would bug me not to know!

Great report, Nancy. You and Harmony both have been getting shop-spaces straightened out well.

bittersweet, there I was trying to use positive language like "room for improvement" and "before and after feeling", and you come in and just cut to the chase! LOL!!! Yes, ahem... ...my name is Harriet and my master bedroom is a disaster. Admitting it is the first step, right? :lol: Oh, how tempting to snap photos for you all, but I'm not that brave!

Norma

Postby Norma » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh Boy! Should have never come over to this site! :lol: I had such grandiose ideas of what my house was going to look like when we left for AZ the end of November. My surgery took care of that. I will never be able to do what needs to be done and what I expected of myself. My master closet is giving me fits and I can't do anything about it. I mean it is driving me crazy. I thought about having my dfriend/neighbor come over and I would sit in a chair and maybe she could hand me things one at a time and I could "decide". Oh sure! She had her foot operated on yesterday! Guess that takes care of that. Help Help! :lol:
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Today we are taming hot spot in h's office I'm on more shredding duty again today.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:44 pm

Harriet, I guess DH could ask. Sorta afraid to at this point.

Starting Jan1 I will start a card and mark them off and count. They are pretty nice up there, always question his dump truck, but DH calls the lumber rack his canoe rack which gets a chuckle. We're not fooling anybody I know. No commercial vehicles are allowed to offload up there. He's been there so much they all know him by name!

This place is only a few miles from our house and so convenient. The other landfill for anything being dumped is probably 20miles south of us and we always have problems with nails in the tires when we use it. And the stuff there is just buried, not recycled in any way.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”