January, 2012 Declutter Strategists

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: January, 2012 Declutter Strategists

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:10 pm

While going through a pile of stuff I found stickers dgd will be able to have fun with those this week when she's here.
Keep up with leaf removal.
I have a dresser that needs attn. so that is going to be my focus.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:28 pm

bittersweet, it's part yours in the first place. I borrowed the Focus half of it from your post the other day in Org and Sim Forum under Indiana's Focus schedule. Then transposed each one a week backward for the Declutter prequels half! :D Then tweaked for myself, because I don't really own an "entry" and "laundry" is a small part of my kitchen. Don't have enough to do "outdoors" or on "porch" right now in the cold weather. Bedroom and Bathroom could have gone in other directions besides "master", but here our rear-of-house areas are, as usual, the most neglected.

Reporting on what's already happened here, Christmas decor is put away in the areas cleared for it in the master closet. The master bedroom is - I want to phrase this honestly - MORE ready for vacuuming and dusting than it was.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:00 pm

I have been working on inside stuff this week got some old journals gutted, and h. has shredded a bag of paper work, plus two bags of leaves have left yea for bags leaving! Saw that the thrift shop's stock was down. We took a trunk full of things to them last weekend also in bags. Worked on the dresser and it felt good to have that done yea for progress!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:20 pm

Kidney Foundation truck pick-up is tomorrow and I have a really BIG bag ready for them! Oh, Nancy mentioned trunk - I need to check my trunk and make sure there is no other bag... ...

Have been doing 15-minute declutters every day! Today was my Weekly for bedroom and as I vacuumed, I had very little to get in my way at all. Of course, that's the floor. That doesn't mean I don't still have a lot of surfaces, cubbies and cabinets to tackle!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:39 pm

I have a bag that I've been adding to for donations, not so much these days to go but it's good to have that plan. When I was at the library I noticed that they could use books it's always good to keep them in mind for book and magazine de-cluttering days.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”