May, 2012 Declutter Strategy Room

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harmony

Re: May, 2012 Declutter Strategy Room

Postby Harmony » Thu May 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Well, I have very little to report. However, I've been keeping shredding up to date. The shredder was so full today it wouldn't shred and I emptied it into the bin (always a messy job with some paper escaping and floor needing swept). I cleaned trash out of car Sunday. It seems like such a little bit, but little bits do keep it from piling up.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu May 17, 2012 5:45 pm

Today was my desk surface (not the cubbies yet). Looks great, completely dusted and clean and so is computer screen, speakers, keyboard. Can put my hand on some important papers more quickly. All that's good. But I still end up with an "inbox" size box full of things that just don't have places to go. It's a little discouraging.

Harmony reminds me I cleaned trash out of truck.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 am

We've been in this house for 6 months. Finally sorted old window screens and storm door parts left behind by previous owner. Threw out some of those and removed broken landscaping lights to be thrown away from patio area. Feels good to remove clutter from previous owner.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon May 21, 2012 9:46 am

It was a busy week and we did not get to the shed yet so that is up again on the list. x ok done with that now yippie!

:idea: I moved all but the current craft project I am working on out of the living room.
Put the hula hoop in the play house may need to bring it inside and put it with the ex. equiptment! :mrgreen:

Hubby said he moved some boxes and found some more stuff that needed shredded so he's been working on that off and on today.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 am

Welcome ellyphant! I hope you enjoy working with us!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 am

Thank you, Twins' Mom. I'm sure I will. Have paperwork to attend to today and will paint the heating vents in dining room. Then I can declutter paint can and supplies that have been sitting here for a month or so. By the way, I almost posted on Mother's Day when I saw what your mother's saying was. I grew up in NC and am well acquainted with the word "cain't". My mother always said "Cain't (can't) never could", which also meant if you think you can't, then you can't. So I think I can finish that little bit of painting today!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi, ellyphant.

Nancy, gotta know where your hula-hoop is at all times. :lol: Well, at least that's what my dd would tell you.

Today was Master Bedroom and a little companion work in Master Closet. Shoes look more in order now. Closet floor is clearer. Now that my ddad has the bedroom here where dd32's family used to stay on visits, they change little britches' diapers in Master Bedroom, so it's nice to have it look good. Also ddad needs the Front Bath often, so her family members are often running through the house to the Master Bath.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu May 24, 2012 10:19 pm

Great news there was enough progress made this week here so that I could get to the shop and sweep it out yea!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed May 30, 2012 9:31 pm

Good job, Nancy.

The other day I went through an old, small trunk at my parents. Discovered some treasures. One photo that may prove important.

Today I decluttered a large shelf and a dresser-top at my parents.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”