July 2012 Half-Year-Mark Declutter!

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: July 2012 Half-Year-Mark Declutter!

Postby Nancy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:02 am

De-cluttered a book today.
We've been good at taking bags back to the store after bringing food home for recycling on the next trip.
Getting the utility trailer filled and have a couple more items to go in it before we take the next load and haul it off.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Removed a poorly-fitted storm door with a bad screen today. So there is more scrap metal for someone! Probably won't replace it. Can now see out better and more light can come in.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 am

Found some things bagged up I could let go of so got them out of the house yesterday feels great to get that room freed up!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:24 pm

One more TallKitGar bag from my parents' house - unfortunately I found nothing this time that would have been appropriate for donation. I thought so at first, but then considered it and realized I was looking through rose-colored glasses. Time to admit it's not helpful. Lots of cleaning, though.

Finally got around to watching the 2 recent Hoarding Buried Alive episodes that I taped. One tragic, as they found deeper mental illness and had to settle for just making the home a little safer. And all the while, yelling, yelling, yelling, and organizer sitting alone and crying for her client. :( Gee, whiz. The other, titled "As Bad As It Gets", was the kind of situation they try to have - a happy ending with 100 percent better living conditions, very heart warming, with siblings who spoke to each other respectfully. :) Also it showed HOW they got the work done which is what I am interested in - well, part of it was with snow shovels :? but, hey, if that's how they did it, I'm glad they showed it! I'm always so happy for them when someone calls out that they found the floor, and on this one the final scenes showed a lovely new beginning.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:03 am

I have de-cluttered two of the three bags I found while cleaning this week.
Happy for that progress.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:31 pm

De-cluttered the last of the three bags today glad to have that stuff out of the car trunk yea for progress!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”