September, 2012 Declutter Strategies

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: September, 2012 Declutter Strategies

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:52 pm

I put 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of sweatpants that are too large for me now, into the Ziploc Big Bag for donation today. :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:09 am

The donations to the Kidney Foundation are at the end of the driveway. The lady said as long as I got them out by 9 they would be picked up. I sure hope they don't forget or have a snaffu. I hate to bring bags back in the house.

I had said I wasn't going to donate through the trucks any more, but I did happen to have a tall kitchen garbage bag virtually ready when she called, so I figured I'd go ahead and let the first "asker" have it. That frees up a couple square feet.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:14 am

A little from here and a little from there going in to the trash is my strategy this week! Added another bucket of stuff to the trash can glad to have that bucket empty so I can use it now I've been needing it!

blessedw2

dejunking awards for today:

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm

I am so proud!!!! You are dejunking and making room for you!!! So worth it!!!

did I see trash being tossed at DNancy's? Why yes I did!!!! Also bwtg for getting the wheel barrow load ready to go!

now look at DIvy - bwtg cheer for donating cloths!!!

and our DHarriet!!! Kidney society will be so happy to get your things!!!

let us stand up and cheer for these lovely women as they bless others while blessing themselves
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:04 pm

I dropped off donation of my fav. to small jeans maybe some one can use 'em for a Halloween costume. :roll: & two more pr. in the trash as well here.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Thank you for cheering us on, Blessed! :D

Nancy and Harriet, you're doing GR8 to donate! (I made a poem!) ;)

I've ordered a book on getting clutter-free, so hope to get more donations together, too. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:53 pm

thank you divy

today: I made some decisions that I have put off for quite a while. No one in my family likes camping so I will keep one tent, one sleeping bag and donate the cooking items, etc... all in great shape. letting go is hard but I know I am blessing myself!

all these years of letting go and I am amazed I still have so much to go through. yes everything is with like things but what I was 2 years ago is different today. I have to see that as a good challenge rather than a wish that my children's years haven't been going so fast :D wow I wonder what new adventurers will be in front of me!!!

well embarrassing but true: the box that did not have a top on (camping) was attacked by mice. so I had to toss it all. The 2 tents I tossed as I didn't know if I had all the pieces. donated 2 very nice and very clean sleeping bags, all my cooking out door equipment etc. (dh ran donations over)
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 pm

I loaded the bags to recycle and delivered them when I was down town yesterday. [Neighbors are getting cans to the recycling sure does improve the looks of things when those are gone!] I do not recycle cans we get soda in 1 liter jugs now.

Some books to be donated are now in the car for the library, dgson is not here after school this year if he needs to read some thing he can read in the chicken mag.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Mice - don't be embarrassed. Remember, in theory, there is no human who is more than a matter of feet from a mouse, assuming they do not live at some astonishing place like the Arctic, or at some place where rats have taken over from the mice (Londoners sometimes complain of this and WISH they had mice back). I've read that we are all kidding ourselves if we don't think mice know the cubbies, inner walls, attics and underneath of ALL our houses quite well, the cabin or the castle. So we do our best and accept that sometimes we will have damage, no matter how hard we try for tight construction or perfect housekeeping. It's all good.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

You are so sweet Dharriet!!!!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”