October 2012 Three-Quarter-Year Mark Declutter

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Harriet

October 2012 Three-Quarter-Year Mark Declutter

Postby Harriet » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:38 am

Today is a milestone of 2012, as we begin the LAST quarter of the year!
Is it time to ~^~shake ~^~ things ~^~up ~^~ and try new ideas?

How is your PLAN working - would you enjoy a change?
Is there better CALENDARING that would help keep you focused?
Are their CONTAINERS (trash, storage) you'd like to use differently or replace?
Are you using RECORD KEEPING to your advantage or do you need a change?
Do you need to refocus on DONATION?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: October 2012 Three-Quarter-Year Mark Declutter

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am

Worked on yard de-cluttering after the chicken run build and empting out the play house keep a few things for it. Have the trailer full of branches and more to go in it. One trash can is full of stuff to go later on as well.

Slowly but surely I will get the yard back in to shape and clutter free that is my motto & mission this week / month.

I've done a round of decluttering this morning and have more things put on the load to go to the dump. Put away other things. Cleaned the yard up and it's free of clutter for the most part. Patio stuff is put back on it as well so great progress on the yard. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:32 am

may I use that motto dNancy? clutter free for the month!

dHarriet I can not thank you enough for this thread... it keeps me focused on the fact that clutter can so easily take over my house and cause me stress and not lead the life I want to lead because I would move my stuff from one place to another!!! thank you from the bottom of my uncluttered basement (and my heart!).
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:34 am

dh brought the donations (6 bags of dd's) yesterday and we are free of that. today I made a medium donation to donation place. I would love to organized like many of you, where you can keep a bag for someone to pick it up. I realized that doesn't work for me as I always forget the night before to put the items outside, then it builds in that area - first small than bigger and bigger and then it is a mountain.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:25 pm

In getting ready for a 4-day sewing retreat this weekend, I've been sorting through a few boxes of fabric and other sewing supplies. Have filled a tall kitchen bag with give-aways and another with trash.

One box of fabric is going to the retreat with me, and hopefully will return as completed (or at least mostly finished) clothing.

Have also moved a couple of pieces of fabric into the charity sewing supplies. I hope to have all of the little book bags and kids aprons for charity sewn and out of the house before Thanksgiving. As always, the hold-up is getting the projects cut out and prepped for sewing.

Trying to eventually have enough space to have a cutting table up permanently, always cleared and ready to go. Ambitious!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:24 pm

I made some decluttering progress one bag of shoes is gone! I sorted 'em out last week had not bagged em up yet but I did that today and delivered them to thrift shop while I was out doing errands.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:00 am

dear Book - awesome! It's so nice that you have a donation bag of fabrics as well!
dear Nancy - wow! getting the shoes out of your house right away is great!

I have been really thinking before buying. hopefully that will help.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm

ARC called today, to tell us they'll be picking up donations in 2 weeks, in our area.

I put 2 bins of fabric scraps together, a box of quilting supplies, and a box of quilting books and pattern leaflets, to donate to DD, if she has a DF for them, or to 1 of 2 neighbors. If they don't take them, there is the Senior Center who will gladly take them. They're always making hand-crafted items to sell in their shop to help pay for meals and Senior daycare programs there.

I put a lot of yarn in totes and bins away, too. Need to find pink yarn, for a new grandbaby due in March- a girl!

I'm awaiting on a used book about clutter-busting, to get my house totally under control by the holidays. I want a more streamlined home, which is easier to clean, keep order in, and to have more floor space and more peace of mind. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:31 am

d Ivy LOOK AT YOU!!! great job!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:48 pm

decluttered medicine cabinets
decluttered our cloths that were beginning to build up in front hall closet

Return to “The Decluttered Home”