November 2012 Declutter Strategies

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
blessedw2

Re: November 2012 Declutter Strategies

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:21 pm

thumbs up! dnancy

dejunked many bags from garage 3 and old sliding glass doors from bathroom.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Toss the trash before it stacks up is my strategy today I've tossed the empty boxes that needed to go so they do not stack up under the sink :idea: after I looked to see if they had school points on them.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 pm

great job getting those boxes out of the house and to the recycling/trash!!! dnancy

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:43 pm

tossed one large bag of stuff accumulated in our bedroom and closet - including well used blanket. (went under 1/2 our bed); also donating 1 small bag of stuff. :D

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:51 pm

went through my books again. recycled dh 3 books me a couple too. very proud of dh as this is hard for him at times. We are limiting our books to one room and one wall of small room. dd younger has books in her room on one shelf.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:18 pm

I cleared the counters this morning tossed the trash as I did and then took out the kitchen trash yea for progress!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:28 am

Do I see some major decluttering here!!! yeah!!!
d nancy I love the dejunking of your counters!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:08 pm

I am trying very hard to not listen to the keeping voices of my dear family. (dh in particular). I have a drip small coffee pot I don't use at all that I want to donate as I am keeping the regular perk coffee pot (faber ware) - he doesn't mean anything by it but I hear "why are you getting rid of that" and I fold. My strength disappears and my self doubt takes place. He said he was just asking but that just asking makes me depressed. doesn't that sound silly - I am going to run this over to donation so the self doubt and depression leaves me. I want to get rid of it - there is no doubt in that but when I hear someone say... why? it drags me down and I know it shouldn't.

How do you deal with those voices that question you getting rid of things?

went to donation place and ended up NOT being able to donate coffee maker... embarrassing to say the least, :oops: top fell off and I must have put the coffee maker away with wet coffee grounds, not sure how I did that, but there was mold and yuck dried in there... happy I found out before I gave it to them. tossed coffee pot but donated other things.

trying to stay positive as I continue in 3 season room

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:28 pm

I like to keep a back up coffee pot here we have trouble keeping them working so replaced the big one and small one this year.

Today's strategy is to tackle the pile of papers to be shredded I can do that while I watch TV if I remember to gather it up and "just do it"!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Blessed, I think the "voices" telling you to hold on to things is a personality thing. When that happens to me, usually I just think good grief why does he want to hold on to that junk? And I might keep that thing in deference to him, but it makes me annoyed, not guilty.

DH had a house burn down years and years ago and he lost everything. He has one sweater in tatters that he holds on to because it's practically the only thing left. It must have been in his truck at the time of the fire. He will never get rid of it. So it is harder for him to clear out his stuff.

The last load of those catalogs are in the recycle bin ready to set out this weekend. I am glad to get rid of that bin of stuff which has been sitting in the office. I walked into it last week with bare foot and now have big purple & green bruise on a toe and up onto my foot. Be careful while you're decluttering!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”