December 2012, The Strategy Shifts

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: December 2012, The Strategy Shifts

Postby Ivy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Today, DD and Dgrson-16 came to celebrate their Christmas with us and DD's 41st b-day. :D :D I was patiently- or you could say IM-patiently- :oops: awaiting their arrival, because they were late. I opened my bunny-craft room blinds, where I can see the front yard and garage slab better. There was a box about 2/3 full of papers. :roll: So I slowly de-cluttered it, emptied it out, and put things where they belong. Some folders though, :idea: I need to sort through their contents paper by paper, but I did put them in a plastic napkin-holder-type container with little slots at graduated angles, so there are several folders in a step-down type manner. :?: :lol: I also had found some blank address labels, put 2 sheets of them on some scrap book papers on my desk......

When DD got here, she had all of her Dbro/Dsil/Dnephew's gifts to wrap. I didn't have any gift labels, DD asked, "Do you have Sharpie pens?" I handed them to her, she wrote on the wrapping, but then she asked, "Do you have some BLANK ADDRESS LABELS?" :!: :!: :!: :shock: :lol: I was THRILLED I had de-cluttered the box and knew exactly where I'd put them, to give to her to use as labels on the DVD's she was wrapping individually! Great idea :idea: on her part!

I was thrilled when DH was able to take the empty box of what used to be my paper clutter, out to the garage! I'm so happy! Anyway, I'll slowly go through the folders, but it's been a long day, we're pooped out, so no more de-clutering for me today. I'll be sure to write it on my to-do list for tomorrow though! :idea:

I want to do more de-cluttering in the New Year, too, so I'm now getting a jump on it! Oh, please! LAST! :D
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

blessedw2

Re: December 2012, The Strategy Shifts

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:03 pm

how wonderful d ivy!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”