January Appointments with Our Organizers, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: January Appointments with Our Organizers, 2013

Postby Ivy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm

Why is it, how when I get "into" a project that my clutter seems to just move to another room? :oops:
I'm busily making baby hats right now, I had several patterns I didn't need, and also found some other files, so they're all over my spare room desk, looking at me when I walk down the hall. :roll:

I've decided when this little box is shipped to Ddil/Dson, I'll get back on track with my clutter control, which is mine and NOT dh's. I get so embarrassed if someone should see my little messes from time to time, too. :oops: But at least the main office got cleaned real well by me and I'm so proud of that, too. :)

I need a clone, to follow me throughout the day, to tidy up after the real Ivy! Oh, clone, where art thou? :lol:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Insisted dd14 do a 27-decision in her room. It's amazing how little that can do when the room is in a state. Maybe I'll just do 27 every time she leaves for school! She has the incentive of a friend who wants to spend the night. She completely reorganized and cleaned her desk corner of her room (large) and emailed friend a photo. LOL they have no secrets, I guess. Showing progress she's making toward having her over.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Harriet, great that DD is learning how to do this stuff now.

Ivy, I agree with stuff just being moved from one space to another. I've done a bit of that too, when one spot is cluttered and another has more room.

Another big garbage bag outside to the bin. Can't say there was a lot of food gone wasted, just a few little things. It was mostly old containers, things consolidated; boxes folded into the recycle bin, some glass too. Those little bits thrown away do add up, this time a rather large bag of it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:39 pm

Zone work = yd. wk. here 8-) lovely weather for it today! Yea!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:54 pm

Yesterday was Desk Day for me, but I did very little tidying of the desk. I worked on my writing job for 35 - 45 min. at a time and would break for 15 - 20 min. to do laundry, put out hot spots, and chat with DH.

I filled up the little box with little baby girl crochet and DH mailed it. So no more clutter of baby yarns, a gallon button jar, threads, pin cushion, scissors, or box to be shipped on the dining room table. It's cleared of clutter there, looks nice, and makes me smile. :)

The desk in the spare room is decorated pretty, but I've put all the files, which were on the desk, into a box. I want to read some information in some of the files, then file them away, for safe keeping, to review at another time. When I empty out the box, I'll either have DH put it into the garage, or I'll keep it in my spare room, to begin a donation box again. I can go through the house and get a donation together and declutter some more, too. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Return to “The Decluttered Home”