January Appointments with Our Organizers, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: January Appointments with Our Organizers, 2013

Postby Ivy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I did a pretty big declutter of my office desk today. It's been a long time coming. I've been ignoring "Desk Day" on Wed.'s. Now it's done and I feel better about myself that I just DID it! :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:06 pm

Dson needed a spare phone to use as their "home phone" the one they were using died & the charger did too. So I was able to find a home for the one I had kept that still worked when we updated ours. I found the charger box and even some of the booklets that came w/ it when it was new. I found the store bag it came in too. :idea: One of those we might need some day things that actually came in handy!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 pm

Nancy, that's good that you could use an old part like that. We have a big box of electronic parts, cables, connectors, chargers and once in a while something is useful but not very often.

Tonight I got all that garbage out and a big box of recycles. The garbage bags were stuffed with all the stuff I threw out from my closet and dresser drawers. Boy, that felt good!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:45 am

Great job everybody! You're changing things.

Have continued with more declutter at my desk. This is such a hard declutter. Could anything be more "miscellaneous"? Painstaking.

I remember my ddad saying years ago that anyone can handle categories, it's the miscellaneous that's tough.

I'd like to dump everything in a big box and clean the desk, then start over! (and pretend I lost it all !!) But so far resisting.

Tomorrow starts the office focus cleaning. Sigh. I can see that my decluttering is going to overlap into my cleaning time, for sure.
If you don't believe in miracles, you're not being realistic.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:40 am

happy for all. love the dejunking area!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:09 pm

Got the box tops off the boxes at dd's for dgson to take to school and tossed a bunch of stuff in that area so it's not all piled up in there falling out yea! It looks so much better was bugging me. I also sorted cereal and made up a mystery mix to get rid of the dabs that could be used in one of those crunch mixes you make up like Chex snack mix only instead of salty it could be a sweet one with marshmallows that might be a fun thing to do with the grand kids. We've done that before. It sure looks better in that cupboard now too.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Today I put a big throw rug into outside garbage can. It was one I replaced in our bedroom, because I could no longer wash it. The backing is coming off in handfuls, balls of vinyl, in the washer and making a royal mess. So I'd used it for Ddog's bed as one of the layers and forgot how bad it was and tried to wash it. Funny, the top looks like new, but since I can't wash it, it's now outa here.

I have a lot of stuff in the garbage from the bathroom. Making progress!

Editing with more progress 1/27 Sunday. I have a big bag full of mugs/ glassware that I've never used and won't. Some was a gift, some was given to us out of a clean-out of a kitchen to be remodeled. Hard to make some decisions, but happy now that I've done it.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:08 pm

This week begins Laundry decluttering and my hope is that my little laundry space will be so quick to declutter that I can move on to a room switch. :) I'd like to finish there and switch declutter efforts for the rest of the week to our upstairs, which doesn't have it's own week.

blessed also says over in Cardfile Central that she's doing some switching to finish up her bathrooms. It's all about flexibility.

Closet week transitions to Focus cleaning there now. Work on dd's closet never ends. We were working on it today.

So impressed with Harmony's closet work I am remembering recently, Woo Hoo! Also sounds like things are leaving several of the rooms in her house.

Tonight was the last of the office time for cleaning in the week after what should have been a good declutter already. :oops: Yet I still had clutter, of course, because cleaning and declutter is all dove-tailed into each other in an area with so much paper. I cleaned out one more cubbie tonight, probably the most cluttered. It took 30 minutes. Sigh. How embarrassing is that :oops: showing that I have used it for stash and dash of such a variety. Dusting that cubbie? 10 seconds. Instant reorganization since all I really want to keep there is accordion files that are already organized themselves.

Nancy, your cupboard looks great! :D

Ivy, you and Harmony are so far ahead of me on office/desk.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 am

It's trash day tomorrow and I will also drop off the recycling. Remembered to throw out big white styrofoam pieces. I hate that stuff! One sweater going into the trash. It needs to be sewn in about three places. I have better sweaters. Time to let this one go!

You're all inspiring me to look for clutter this week!
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm

Actually that was dd's cupboard but yes it looks great!
This week did a laundry room spiff over there.
It looks great now too!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”