March Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: March Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:34 am

I decluttered my end table. I had 2 mugs of pens on it, put 1 mug in the office, which makes it prettier because 2 pens have silk flowers on the ends of them. I took 2 very thick books off the end table, which took up too much room, put them in my small office, where I'll walk by them when I walk in here. This will be a visual reminder of, "READ ME! READ ME!" :lol: :idea: Also, I took 2 spiral notebooks off the top of the end table, put them in a pretty silver box with magazines to be read, underneath the spiral notebooks. It's on the floor in front of the end table, within easy reach. Now the wood top to the end table can be seen, it's tidier and prettier-looking and I feel proud of myself. :)

Also, I dusted the entire house quite rapidly in 10 min., using the timer, which wore me out! Whew! It's hard to do the entire dusting-areas of the house in that short of time! Then, I was too worn out from dusting. So I didn't get to my dust mopping with my Swiffer today. DH vacuumed a couple days ago so area rugs look nice.

I don't know if this is considered decluttering, actually, but since Mon. Feb. 25, I've had a receipt for postage, which I needed to be logged for the business and the receipt put into the "Feb." envelope. It'd been in the outside pocket of my purse so long, which somehow, I was prompted to getting it out of the purse pocket and take care of this job once and for all! :!: I decluttered the purse pocket and also, I put my lanyard of keys back into my purse, where it belongs, rather than on the kitchen counter in a corner, where it should not be. I was lazy one day and there it ended up. :oops:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:00 am

Today I decluttered the bathroom counter aka diaper changing area yea for progress! I decluttered a kitchen trash bag of empty containers out from under the sink today. I have another batch outside to toss and will be heading to do that in a bit! Yea for room in the trash can for these items after trash day yesterday! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 pm

Last night, after flossing, I decluttered the master bathroom counter. I have this long narrow basket, measuring about 5" x 16", which was a Walmart impulse buy. It's on the bathroom counter. I had it at a diagonal, to the right of my sink, with a clock at the edge corner of the basket, out on the counter, so I could see it. Dkitty kept rubbing on the clock, nearly knocking it over. :roll: I got tired of that.

So last night, I took things out from the wall, which were between the basket and wall, I fixed the basket up against the wall, have the clock up against the basket, and my eyeglasses case in front of the long-side of the basket, too, next to the clock. The counter hasn't got the basket taking up a lot of space now that it's not at a diagonal, it looks much better, and I realize Dkitty may "still" rub on the clock, but it won't be as tempting for her, I don't think. :?:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 pm

I have noticed how my bunny room desk is cluttered with paper things, several (a stack!) :oops: of baby girl patterns, printed off the internet. I found a box and put it on the coffee table in there, have the patterns in it, and will slowly put them back into the page protectors of the baby girl crochet binder. :idea:

Also, I noticed how my side of the closet shelves in the main office is cluttered up with my stationery, tablets, papers, patterns, leaflets of patterns, old letters in a box, envelopes in a basket, etc... :roll: :oops: I need order in there, so I can think! :!: And get to things when needed, so I brought in a box for papers, etc... to slowly declutter on, find homes for, and add order to the shelves again. :!: :idea: :)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:07 pm

The ARC of WA volunteer phoned today, I asked her some questions, and got them answered. She was very helpful. I moved the ARC donation box from the bunny room, into the entry hall on the bench, labeled all 4 sides, and added several more items to it. Between now and the 13th, I'll be scouring our home for things to donate. I have so much. I'll talk it over with DH if he wants to get rid of the silk vines we've been using for decoration, or keep them for that "homey" look. :idea: They're cute on top of the utility room cabinets with baskets, etc... :)

I have about 4 triangle shaped shelves, behind our walk-in closet door, in the corner, which I need to declutter. Our kitty cat got up on the 3rd shelf, knocked over a basket or 2 of rings, chains, pins, earrings, etc.... :lol: Now Mama Ivy needs to sort through everything, hang earrings back up, put pins back into the jewelry chest and get those shelves tidy, cleaned, and orderly. There may even be some things to donate to ARC in there. For instance, I have 3 polished rock necklaces. WHO needs 3 ROCK necklaces? :?: If I ever wore them together, I'd probably get whiplash! :roll: It's time to go through beaded necklaces, scarves, and other decorative items, too. I'm sure some ladies would be very happy to get new treasures to them, which are my clutter to me, even though they are nice. :idea: :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:56 pm

I move the feed sacks that I've been collecting to the basement for tote bags and I do re used them for mixing feed as well. One more feed sack has been moved to the basement that I found or emptied.

Got my office vacuumed where it had spills form dgds help in getting feed for the hens! So this is an improvement.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:42 pm

I really enjoy it when I am able to pull 2 banker's boxes out of my office closet, and get rid of enough papers from them that what's left fits into less than 1 box. We have a small pile to burn, and the recycle bin will be stuffed full again this week. :mrgreen:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm decluttering in baby steps today and I'm "discovering" things, which I don't remember owning! :lol: It's fun to find neat stuff, but now I need to go find "homes" for them or O-U-T they go! :!: :idea:

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Dropped off 2 books to library book sale.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:58 am

H. has old shoes on top of the trash can to go in next week yea!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”