March Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: March Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby BookSaver » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 pm

6 computer paper boxes full of paper archives have been reduced down to 3. That was the deal I made with myself before I could bring in from the car 3 boxes (same size) of vintage needlework magazines.

The magazines will be easy to sort and purge because they are not in good shape, so not worth saving the whole magazine. I'll just tear out whatever pictures and patterns look fun. My goal is to reduce the 3 boxes down to 1 folder. I'll do that next week.

Today I need to bring those 3 boxes in from the car so I will have room for sewing machine and projects for a 3-day sew-a-thon with some sewing group friends. Hopefully by Saturday night my tote bags full of sewing projects will be greatly reduced, too. :)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Booksaver, You sound like you're on a roll and are highly productive! :!: I like that you have incentives, motivations, and have good ideas, too! :) You deserve a big cyber pat on the back, but I don't know how to do a cyber pat on the hat without a hand and back smilies or emoticons. You are showing us all how a decluttering project can be possible and done to fruition. :idea:

I set my timer for 15 min. and decluttered a box in the office and decluttered some office shelves. This is in the main office. I filed some crochet pattern leaflets. I have a dfriend turning 61 in May and I usually crochet some things for her kitchen for her. I found several dishcloth/dishtowel pattern leaflets, so I tucked them into the project tote where I have her kitchen yarn. I wasn't too happy with the computer print-out patterns I'd found in my files and on-line, but now, since I found all these lovely leaflets, it's making my creative juices flowing to make her something unplanned, but pretty! Also, I found a lovely empty floral box, which will make a good gift box for her, to put the dishcloths and perhaps 1 pair of potholders into. :D I could merely just add a bow and birthday card on top of the box and she can re-use the box for gifts to bless others, too.

Some of the items I'm taking from the box, I'm decluttering, are being put into the filing cabinet into files they need to be in. Also, I've put newly found envelopes into a basket in the closet on the shelf and tore off the side and tops of 2 envelope boxes so it's easier to pull out an envelope. Also, I found 2 smaller mailers, which I thought I did not have anymore of. We use these to send b-day cards in, if they have a $ gift or gift card in them, to sort of "disguise" the obvious that we're sending $ or a gift card through the mail. It works for us! :idea:

I'm working on our main office first, which is where DH has his computer and tower, where my printer is, my files, bookcase, etc. are, too. The junk is mostly mind from crochet, writing, artwork, pen pals, etc... Next, I'll do the bunny room because the grandsons keep their clothes and backpacks and shoes in their, where there is a sofa, desk, coffee table and recliner. I have bins, craft items, and yarns, craft things, etc. in there. I want it to so they can come through the bunny room doorway, go directly to the sofa, and not need to worry about tripping over anything or needing to walk around bins. They'll be staying with us in mid-June or end-June on and off through the summer months. So this is my incentive and motivation (the boys coming!) to get the bunny room and main office all sorted and taken care of.

Oh, my. I just got a headache. I'll check a few more threads, and run to get some Acetaminophen. I'm trying to cut OUT caffeine in the afternoons now. It's causing too much "wakefulness" at bedtime. :roll:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:03 pm

I decluttered a lot in the bunny room, main office, and rearranged some items about the house, dusted, and put things where they have better homes. I like having a nice clean desk in the bunny room, along with a nice clean end table in there, too. The doily is a nice touch on the end table with the copper bunny couple, too. The shelves in the main office are shaping up, too. It's slowly getting better.

I still have a lot of paper to declutter, file, and put into page protector- and to PURGE! :!: :roll: :oops:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:26 pm

One bag of bags has been decluttered forgot to drop off donations while I was down town today how ever. Just a few things.

Glad I still have a couple of strollers around here yea for thinking about what to declutter and making the right choices on what too keep!

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:00 pm

I threw away my mascara, eye liners, and under-eye baggy circles stuff, which make under eyes less puffy. The eye stuff is contaminated from the bacterial infection, so ditched it. I'm not sorry to see it go! Why? :lol: My eyelids sag so much, that you cannot "see" mascara or eyeliner! :o Who cares about the circles under my eyes? :!: I wear eyeglasses and my pretty hair and smile is what they see first. I'm 61 and am not out in the dating game. If I were, I'd be upset. :oops: But DH thinks I'm beautiful no matter what I do with my face. ♥ I use tinted moisturizer sometimes with blush. It's all I need. So out, the eye stuff went.

I emptied out a box of things on my desk, put them in drawers, and rearranged the remaining things. I have a hot spot of list pads, holidays for the year, papers for writing, on top of a Rubbermaid filing box, which needs to be sorted through, too.

I still have the bunny room to work on and the main office, too. Maybe tomorrow when I feel better? DH has a Mariners game to watch tomorrow at 1 p.m., so I won't need to entertain him, and plan on sorting and filing papers then. It's so wonderful to find hidden treasures I've forgotten about, too! :D

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:33 am

Strollers are a tough decision, Nancy. We have one stored in my parents' mud room just because it has been so helpful in the past. You never know.

Smart to just let all eye makeup go, Ivy. Don't take chances, that's right.

BookSaver, I've noticed I need to just clean and declutter the vehicle interiors in general! So you are way ahead of me, using vehicle as a part of a plan! :D

Today begins the Second Round of Focus Cleaning and therefore my own decluttering (which I aim at the next week's cleaning) is back to bedrooms starting today. We've done so much extra work on dd's bedroom recently, what with sleepover and also her sister's visit, that I feel I can concentrate on Master bedroom again.

Is anyone else heading into bedrooms this week?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:27 pm

re: Strollers I like to have one for walks and one to keep in the car or for using to transport garden stuff with a bucket in the seat part it's pretty handy out side! If I found some on in need of one I have one to share.

Time to round up the stuff to dump trash day tomorrow.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellyphant

Postby ellyphant » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:33 pm

My comfy brown heels that I only wear to church have seen better days. They have served me well. Will let them go to recycling since I hope to begin wearing spring shoes soon.
How you do your work is a portrait of yourself.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:41 pm

I decluttered the rubber top to my Rubbermaid file box, to the right of my desk today. My desk has 2-stories-in-progress I'm working on. So there is that clutter. :roll: I suppose I can put them into a drawer, for a cleaner look when it's "lights out" and I'm not working. :idea: There, I DID it! :!: I tore off the "Doggies and Friends" desk calendar for today, to ready myself for tomorrow. It's Desk Day for me, so I'll sort through drawers and files, my writer's notebook, too. :idea:

I need to get back to filing things, papers, patterns, pattern leaflets, too. :oops:

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:55 pm

I decluttered the kitchen counters again tossing trash and got yard stuff in as well for trash day this week yea!!!

Return to “The Decluttered Home”