March Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: March Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:12 pm

I took 8 books from my great room end table, put them in my small office with the spine showing, so I see the titles. My idea :idea: is to grab a book, from time to time, and go read it.

I also put some things for writing, such as a file of writer's guidelines, spiral notebooks, outline pages, which are in a lined basket, on the floor in front of my end table. It's a small basket, so it's not hazardous to walk by it.

I worked on decluttering my desk where I work, but I admit, I have some places, which need to be decluttered, still, in the small office. I'm trying to figure out where to put a file caddy, which holds files because sometimes when I type, the plastic legs on it make a scoot-scoot-scoot sound, which is a bit comical, yet annoying, too. At first, I thought I had a mouse in here! :roll: :lol:

Then, I found a couple of totes of yarn, in the bottom of the linen cupboard, so I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep them there or move them. I can use that space for something else we need to keep out of sight. :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello! :D I have deep built-in shelves in my office. I have 1 long basket full of steno pads, files, spiral-bound notebooks, writing info, etc... all having to do with work, but the basket's on a shelf where I'd be awkwardly bending down, which makes for an aching back! :roll: :!: I'm so proud! :D I just had DH put it on the dining room table, which is a high pub table, so I can stand straight and sort!

Now, of course, there is "temporary" dining pub table clutter at one end. :oops: I'll work on it in baby steps for a few days! :idea: I might find some "treasures", too! :idea:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:07 am

I had a light bulb moment this weekend while doing meal prep. I seem to keep stupid stuff to toss later what a dumb idea when I can toss it now! So that's my newest goal the I might need this later some day syndrome! It did seem to help me with progress to prevent so much of a dig out thing on Mon. morning.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:18 pm

I was looking for a file from a site, where I'd printed up chapters on certain health problems some people have. I'm glad it was where I had put it, I re-read it from to time to time, to refresh my memory and re-learn valuable tips.

I plan on working on filing patterns today and will try to declutter my purse again to make it lighter in weight. :idea:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm

:D I filed baby patterns into plastic sleeves in a binder with a cover I made with the title: "IT'S A GIRL!" and it has a drawing of a baby girl on it. ;) I finished getting it filled up.

I worked a bit on the basket on the dining room table. I'm not certain how much I'll do today because I'm wearing a knee brace, so standing and walking are difficult. I don't want to sit too much either, so I'll try to baby-step the decluttering today and this week, or until the job's done or the knee is behaving itself again. :roll:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 pm

I believe this evening marks the beginning of Passover.

We have the new printer we needed. HRH and his friend took a better advertised price to Best Buy, and got the printer at that price. They spent the later evening here setting it up.

Had a sort of tough day here today. HRH had an online friend go into the hospital for an operation that was not supposed to be a particular problem, and he died. Their online group of guys is in disbelief, trying to come to grips with this. Dd14 found out that not only is one of her best friends moving away this summer, another of her best friends won't be at the same school next year. Add to that the in-spirit loss of the fair-weather friend who dumped her recently, and she feels discouraged.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Harriet, I'm happy you got the printer, but it's sad your HRH lost a friend and how your DD is experiencing losses, too. Life seems so unfair sometimes. :(

I sorted on my basket of folders, papers, etc.. last night for 30 min. while on my feet walking in place, and walking things to recycle or burn or to new homes. I still have quite a mess to sort through, many items to read and file.

Also, I put some old faded crocheted washcloths under the newly rearranged under sink cabinet under DH's sink, with a cleaning spray bottle. I'm slowly redoing under sink areas, with the addition of cleaning cloths and cleaning bottles.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:10 pm

{{{Harriet}}}

Today I dropped of donations @ thrift shop that had been in the trunk a while.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 pm

I decluttered some more files, papers, etc.. from that office basket for 29 min. and I have several files to read through this evening. DH will LOVE that! :!: :lol: I'll be quiet while he's watching his TV shows because I'll be reading. :idea: ;) I'm coming across story ideas I had from years ago, too, which is blowing my mind, too! :o But it's fun! I've come across some rejected poems, too, so someday, I'll be able to submit them elsewhere, too. :idea:

And I found a very sweet photo of my grs-4 when he was 3. :D

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Will be continuing the decluttering of that basket. Finally emptied it out, sort, read things, and put them back in the basket if they're worth keeping at all. Now I have 2 stacks on the dining room table and 1 stack on my end table. Have so much reading to do! :!:

Return to “The Decluttered Home”