April Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
Ivy

Re: April Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby Ivy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:13 pm

Books put into ARC donation box, books from cabinets were put into bookcases, where the donation books had left spaces. It looks better. Marked more boxes in red magic marker, with "ARC"on them. Will continue working on donation tomorrow. :idea: :)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:43 am

Some sod has been decluttered yea trash day stuff is gone! Yippie ~ stuff in the car to donate next.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:16 pm

I guess I've been focuses on decluttering too much and yesterday I took 2 naps, as I wasn't feeling well and was so tired. :roll: So this a.m. I asked DH, "What's "The Price is Right" on for?" He said, "What DAY do you think it is ANYWAY?" :lol: I thought it was Sun. because he had baseball on when I got up. :?: Too much decluttering, I guess. ;)

Today's decluttering will be emptying out waste baskets. Then, I'll go through the utility room cabinets, for things to donate to ARC. I have one gigantic Christmas cookies tin. I'd never be able to bake enough Christmas cookies to fill that. I have nothing that needs storing in the tin. It's taking up over 1/2 the room on my corner cabinet shelf to the right of the washer, up higher, too. It's got to go. :idea:

Also, I may go through pattern leaflets of patterns, which are too difficult to do. I found some plastic canvas, but don't do that craft. I'm wondering if I should donate it :?: because it could be someone's treasure find. :idea: I want to be done with my ARC donation to put it on the porch Wed. night. :idea:

(NOW with my cup of coffee and my "Puppies & Friends" calendar beside my laptop- It's feeling like TUESDAY now! :lol:
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:26 pm

:D FIVE BOXES FULL TO DONATE TO ARC ARE DONE! :D

Whew! The ARC donation is full, over, and all we do is put the boxes on the covered porch on Wed. evening. :D :D I gave a nice throw, a kitties statue, difficult crochet pattern books, which are beyond my degree of expertise and patience to try to accomplish, 2 desk calendars, which rove year to year, with the day/month, but not the year. They're re-usable. They're getting kitchen cups, mugs, a nice purse too heavy for me to carry, and clothes, which are too large....

HOWEVER, DH came home from Costco, last summer, with a very, VERY SHEER striped t-shirt, and I've tried it on, as I've lost weight, but it's embarrassingly sheer to the point of someone much younger to wear. :idea: :lol: :o I know I could've returned it, but he does Costco days alone, usually, and walks very fast. He wears me out! He's 71! I'm 61! And I'M worn out???? :?: :lol: It'll be a lovely top for somebody younger and more daring than me.

I'm very tired now that we've gotten 5 boxes done. I cannot find my crochenit hook to donate, so may have donated it already. I have a miss-mash of knitting needles in all sizes, but never knit. However, I kept 1 pair, which was fatter, to try to learn how to do knit-purl on, to make a shawl or afghan. I kept the knitting books and how-to knitting books, for learners. :idea:

So glad we're done! What exercise it was, too! :!:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm

In bed last night, I remembered one more box of items to give, but DH said, "Why don't we save that for when they come again." :idea: They come 6 - 8 weeks again. So I'll slowly collect things prior to that visit, too. :)

I decided to donate the plastic canvas. I've never done it, don't have an interest in it, I'm a crocheter, rubber stamper, beader, and will try to scrapbook and quilt some day. So the plastic canvas and difficult crochet pattern books and leaflets got donated, too. :)

It's nice to have ideas for our next donation after this one tomorrow. :) :)

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 am

I dropped off donations yesterday.
Our church is going to have a yard sale next mo. and we can put craft items there so I'm considering that with some of the extra things I have complete. Maybe I can put up a sign about chickens that we are going to cull as well?

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:06 am

I dropped off donations yesterday.
Our church is going to have a yard sale next mo. and we can put craft items there so I'm considering that with some of the extra things I have complete. Maybe I can put up a sign about chickens that we are going to cull as well?

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:12 pm

We had ARC pick up 5 donation boxes this a.m. and we're planning our next donation now, for in about 6 - 8 weeks.
I decluttered a little bit in the bunny room yesterday. I put rubber stamps away into the rolling storage bin drawers.
I finished reading a book and put it away, too.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 am

look at you two!!! atta a girl!!! to Ivy and Nancy! a job well done
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:00 pm

My apt. calander includes the focus for next mo. craft items to round up set aside to de-clutter for the yd. sale at the church.

Return to “The Decluttered Home”