April Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Share your decluttering activities and ideas.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: April Appointments for Declutter and Organization, 2013

Postby BookSaver » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Yesterday I went through that huge box of fabric. Luckily only the box was huge and it was not full. I kept a few pieces of bright cotton prints for myself, and set aside several large pieces to take to sewing group to give away.

The rest of the box was scrappy cut-up pieces that I put in a trash bag. :o Yes, I am throwing fabric in the trash. We used to have a few people in the sewing group that would take all fabric scraps and use them to stuff pillows for dogs for the animal shelters. They have stopped doing that for awhile, and I don't have space to store scraps until they start the project again.

The cardboard box is too large to use for anything I have, so it is flattened for recycling.

Today another short stack of magazines is ready to toss in the recycle bin.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 pm

:D Hi!
I decluttered:
1- My purse
2- The clothes laying across my chair in the master bedroom
3- Clean laundry, where we lay it flat across the sectional sofa, to fold/hang and put away
4- Dishes into the DW
5- Dumped trash from the bathroom
6- Put mail away/sorted and purged junk mail :D

I'll try to do tomorrow. I want ALL flat surfaces orderly tomorrow by bedtime! :idea: :!: ;)
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:51 am

:D Good Evening! ;)

I decluttered and re-decorated the coffee table below the center bay window in our master bedroom.
Touch the earth, love the earth, her plains, her valleys, her seas. Rest your soul in her solitary places. ~Henry Beston

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:07 pm

:D Good Evening!

I decluttered:
1- The dining room table
2- In the main office again and I'm still not finished, but I'm baby-stepping it.
3- The clothes on my chair in the master bedroom.
4- The master bathroom counter.
5- The eating bar.
6- The dining room table.
7- My desk, but I've got a routine-planning project going on right now and it's got messy again, where I'm planning out to do's for this upcoming week. :oops:
8- My purse again. :D

Return to “The Decluttered Home”